Sign in to follow this  
KandiKane

Dwight Howard Summer 2012

What some are forgetting is Melo could go and play with the Lakers this Season but not sign an extension.

So it might me the World's biggest steal (at first glance) but at the end of the day the Lakers might just be giving up Bynum for half a Season with Melo.

In the end Melo will do what Melo want's to do and if he wan'ts to be a Knick then this summer he'll sign with the Knicks as a FA.

Please someone tell me one team (Besides the Knicks) that are not in rebuilding mode, that has enough cap room, that is actually a nice city, and that Dwight even hinted he wanted to play for? Lakers? Their older than the Hills. MAYBE Clippers but thats a very low chance.

Unless he wants to start all over and become the face of a New Franchise and go into rebuilding mode with them, then he'll stay here through the good and the bad and eventually we'll get that ring. Patience is the key to success!........even tho we've been waiting 22 years <_<

Please someone tell me one team (Besides the Knicks) that are not in rebuilding mode, that has enough cap room, that is actually a nice city

I've never been to Oklahoma City, but they fit the bill otherwise. That's the team Dwight has to look if he leaves Orlando & his goal is championship imo.

I've never been to Oklahoma City, but they fit the bill otherwise. That's the team Dwight has to look if he leaves Orlando & his goal is championship imo.

Have you seen the contracts they have to resign? They'll have no money left unless they give up half their team.

From a Kyler chat-

Hurricane Ken in Los Angeles:

If Dwight comes to the Lakers in '12, how long does that extend Kobe's career?

Steve Kyler:

Not sure either happens... but Kobe will at some point shift into a Tim Duncan-type role... Timmy isn't leading the Spurs anymore, he's just there to help them win... Kobe at some point will do the same.

Keep in mind... Dwight Howard absolutely despises the Shaq comparisons... he wants to be his own guy and heading to LA would fly right in the face of that.

The Lakers also have $91 million in salary commitments in 2012, so not sure how they get Dwight Howard without a trade and I don't see Orlando playing ball on that, fans would burn down the new Amway Center.

And...

"As much as Magic fans would love to see Howard proclaim he'll sign an extension the moment it's offered or he'll be in Orlando for the rest of his career, he can't and he won't - that's simply bad business from the player's point of view.

Dwight needs the uncertainty of his future to be a motivator for the Magic and to keep them pushing towards a title, especially with Miami and Chicago being legit contenders in the East and the Knicks likely to get better if they add Carmelo Anthony."

"Sources close to the situation last night confirmed Howard's stance remains the same - he wants to win in Orlando. Dwight does not want to leave Orlando. But the reality of this business is careers are short and Dwight is moving into the prime of his career. He wants to compete for a title every year he can. Dwight wants his team to surround him with the pieces to do that. "

My link

And now I feel filthy so I'm going to go take a shower.

Jim Rome said for sure Dwight is coming and that we are nothing a but a farm team of big men for the Lakers to take. It was pretty sickening.

I agree what Kyler says though. Dwight going to LA would be nothing but a copycat of Shaq and I'm pretty sure, putting myself in his shoes, thats the last thing he would want.

Jim Rome said for sure Dwight is coming and that we are nothing a but a farm team of big men for the Lakers to take. It was pretty sickening.

I agree what Kyler says though. Dwight going to LA would be nothing but a copycat of Shaq and I'm pretty sure, putting myself in his shoes, thats the last thing he would want.

Rome is a *****. He's a huge Lakers homer anyways so don't pay any attention to what he thinks

From a Kyler chat-

Steve Kyler:

Not sure either happens... but Kobe will at some point shift into a Tim Duncan-type role... Timmy isn't leading the Spurs anymore, he's just there to help them win... Kobe at some point will do the same.

Keep in mind... Dwight Howard absolutely despises the Shaq comparisons... he wants to be his own guy and heading to LA would fly right in the face of that.

The Lakers also have $91 million in salary commitments in 2012, so not sure how they get Dwight Howard without a trade and I don't see Orlando playing ball on that, fans would burn down the new Amway Center.

And...

"As much as Magic fans would love to see Howard proclaim he'll sign an extension the moment it's offered or he'll be in Orlando for the rest of his career, he can't and he won't - that's simply bad business from the player's point of view.

Dwight needs the uncertainty of his future to be a motivator for the Magic and to keep them pushing towards a title, especially with Miami and Chicago being legit contenders in the East and the Knicks likely to get better if they add Carmelo Anthony."

"Sources close to the situation last night confirmed Howard's stance remains the same - he wants to win in Orlando. Dwight does not want to leave Orlando. But the reality of this business is careers are short and Dwight is moving into the prime of his career. He wants to compete for a title every year he can. Dwight wants his team to surround him with the pieces to do that. "

My link

If this is true, I really can't blame Dwight for wanting the ring. It's every player's dream (except Vince Carter apparently) to win at least one and the many of the greats of the past are judged by how many rings they have more than anything else. Can you blame him for wanting to have his name up there?

I personally feel that everyone needs to grow up and realize that this IS a possibility, especially in today's world of sports. Fans and teams do not OWN players, so expecting a player to stick around for his entire career is, well it's weird IMO, understandable to a degree but weird nonetheless.

I honestly feel that people should file this away into the back of their minds, not completely forget it because again it could happen but just file it away for now and focus on the present. We're not going to wake up in the summer one day and find that he's gone, it just won't happen that way so this continual talk is nothing more than conjecture and really moot for the time being.

I am a bit naive on this one, but something about Dwight suggests to me that he will be with us for some time, even once 2012-2013 rolls round.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Rome is a *****. He's a huge Lakers homer anyways so don't pay any attention to what he thinks

I don't. I really don't pay attention to anyone in the media thinks. Only person it comes down to is Dwight.

I agree thats its stupid to worry about it now. Otis knows his job is never to be stagnant and I believe he'll do whatever he can to keep this team competitive. I want Dwight here as bad as any other Magic fan but if he does decide to leave for whatever reason, life does not end.

From a Kyler chat-

Steve Kyler:

And...

My link

He actually made a valid point about Shaq. I don't know If Dwight will leave or not, but I know he's not playing for the Lakers.

• Upvote 2