Sign in to follow this  
the notorious S.A.C.

Does Otis need to be fired? Revisited!!!! You know you missed it!

77 members have voted

1. 1. Does Otis need to be fired?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes...Ive now changed my mind and see the light!

The problem is, with him starting (or just being here), we have to depend on his production because of the inefficiencies of those 3 you mentioned.....now more than ever. I'm not in any way trying to say Arenas should start because frankly, I think Gilbert should be getting as least amount of PT as possible. He's a huge liability on both ends of the court and there's nothing showing that he will improve.

and that's why we're losing. If the other guys would step up and play to their potential then we'd be fine. We can deal with Jameer in a distributor role and Jump shooter 3 out of every 4 games until we need him to put up 20+ in that other game. We did fine against Philly in the playoffs with Nelson as the #1 wing scorer. But we cant expect an entire playoff run with Nelson in that role.

and that's why we're losing. If the other guys would step up and play to their potential then we'd be fine. We can deal with Jameer in a distributor role and Jump shooter 3 out of every 4 games until we need him to put up 20+ in that other game. We did fine against Philly in the playoffs with Nelson as the #1 wing scorer. But we cant expect an entire playoff run with Nelson in that role.

Agreed.

So you can see the huge cause for concern regarding this.

Agreed.

So you can see the huge cause for concern regarding this.

The concern isn't with nelson though. It's with Nelson/Arenas/Hedo/Jrich. It's not a Nelson issue. He's taking less shots and playing less minutes as a way to incorporate the new guys on the team. In November he helped carry us though when he averaged 14.5 and 7.5 in 30 mins per game on 48% shooting. In November he attempted 157 shots in 13 games. In January he attempted 135 shots in 16 games. The team is still trying to figure each other out.

Just NO.

Otis to stay.

Yes he's made some mistakes but he's done a pretty good job of getting Orlando back on the map. Players need to start taking responsibility for what happens on the court. They need to do their job and develop a bit of a basketball IQ. Stop jacking up 3s after 1 pass, involve Dwight at all times on the offense and play some bloody D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Orlando but sometimes they have to be the most frustrating team to watch as they can go through huge periods of games playing straight up IDIOTIC basketball.

My biggest worry is that we've seen SVG complaining about our lack of D and effort for quite a while now and nothing seems to be changing. Apart from the occasional good showing against a bottom team we seem be to failing in all the same catagories every single time. I'm worried that his words are falling on deaf ears and this makes me think there may be a lack of respect from some of our guys. I really hope this isn't the case cos I wouldn't swap Stan for anyone.

I'm kinda disappointed that this thread was even started cos it makes me think we're looking for problems where there aren't any instead of focusing on the real reasons we're very average at the moment. THE PLAYERS. They need to man up, full stop.

Look as Ive said I dont sit at otis' desk and make the yeses and nos calls. I dont know what was offered and rejected. I only get to see the final results of the trade. So it is kind of unfair to ask me what trade was available to Otis. I will say it was widely reported that the magic rejected a trade basics of which was of vc's expiring, gortat and Jameer for Paul Okefor and Posey with the reason we didnt want okefors contract. Some outlets reported the trade done with orlando trying to decide how to move okefor on to another club. Now Okefor had a pretty good year going and posey was dealt. We ended up with just as much salary after our trade as we would with okefors contract. As Ive said before I dont sit at otis desk to see what he is offered or what he rejects. If I did I could answer it directly but I only see the results which Ive pointed out ad nauseum. Underperformance, misused assets, decreasing talent, ageing ocntracts, salary cap issues, salary cap issues well into the future, lack of draft picks, adding handicapped players with giant long deals, drafting players who are currently overseas trying to keep their girlfriend happy, not making maximum dollars available in dwights expiration year...etc etc.

Would we be better with ok, paul and posey...I think so. Now and in the future. Would i complain about losing gortat for nothing...uhhh no. Would we currently be contenders...yes.

You are confusing things. What got orlando back on the map was not otis it was dwight. A great pick that panned out. It would be like saying the clippers gm is getting them back on the map. It is blake griffin who is getting them on the map. Also getting us back on the map was the expiration of those massive contracts like grant hills and the ownerships new found need to spend alot of flipping money to keep dwight happy. They certainly remember shaq and wouldnt like to see that move again but may see it anyway.

You're just nitpicking. . . can the Magic win with Jameer as the clear 2nd option? Probably not, but he was never the clear 2nd option, so I'm not sure why you even said that. . . the same could be said for basically every other position that's not C. . .

Here's the problem. The guys we have in our starting lineup are what they are. They can play potentially great and potential bad on any given night. Yes I realize you can say that about anybody but the point is Kobe can be counted on for the most part to produce. Paul Pierce can. Wade can. Lebron can. Our problem is we don't have a legit #2 option and if you don't have a legit #2 option then you better have a PG who can get the offense going and create something when you're in a cold streak. Jameer can't do that just like a Derek Fisher can't really do that if he had to. Steve Nash can do that which is why JRich looked so great playing in Phoenix. If we're going to have a PG who CAN'T play defense on this team, then he better be elite on the offensive end. Jameer isn't. He could go to Miami and win some ships there or LA. Just not with our current roster or really any roster we've had since he's been here.

• Upvote 1

Our problem is we don't have a legit #2 option and if you don't have a legit #2 option then you better have a PG who can get the offense going and create something when you're in a cold streak. Jameer can't do that just like a Derek Fisher can't really do that if he had to.

Jameer can do that. He did that most of november. He did that in the playoffs last year. He did that for the entire 07-08 season before his injury. For some reason he's deferring too much since the trade. Hopefully he gets back to where he should be.

Jameer can do that. He did that most of november. He did that in the playoffs last year. He did that for the entire 07-08 season before his injury. For some reason he's deferring too much since the trade. Hopefully he gets back to where he should be.

08-09

:chairshot:

For a bunch of posters saying he got what he could get is crazy. What about IIGY hes been on the way out of philly for almost 2 years now. If we would have thrown Gortat, Vince and Pietrus we could have gotten Iggy and Brand possibly.

Im not saying IGGY is the next Kobe but he'd be perfect here because he attacks and is not sooooo great that Dwight could still be the first option.