Sign in to follow this  
the notorious S.A.C.

Does Otis need to be fired? Revisited!!!! You know you missed it!

77 members have voted

1. 1. Does Otis need to be fired?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes...Ive now changed my mind and see the light!

Look I will take the heat for starting this poll but my feelings are well known and some of the rah rahs out there seem to think we are just in a slump. Suffice it to say for the leagues highest payroll we have a bunch of deadbeats and underachievers. Otis seems to like his club and doesnt seem to think we need another big...LOL. Certainly we dont need another big of his choosing. Ownership has totally poured out unlimited money for a star club but when your second best player on the team is....well Ill let you figure it out because to me there is no second best player just a bunch of guys collecting their checks with big smiles on their faces. Dwight thanks for putting up with second rate guys and still bringing it every night. I however am putting in a vote for Otis to be gone.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Dwight Howard has left 235 points on the free throw line, is that Otis' fault? hell no. IMO Dwight needs to be canned, FT's are easy - from what I've read. Also, I think Otis needs to be promoted for putting up with this horrible team.

and now Cameron Diaz is dating A-Rod??? WTF

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

It depends on what the goals the Magic front office wants- If they want a medicore team that chucks up 3 all day and please no defense, I would say no don't fire Smith, but if the front office wants a team that is contender, I would say fire him asap.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

No. he's made the right moves relative to options available. should we get angry because we didn't trade for kobe? Kobe was never available. The money we spend is to supplement the lack of elite players available.

I'd love to hear the reasoning behind voting "yes". And I don't mean spew that awful crap about he never got Dwight a 2nd superstar (because that's so easy to do. . . ), I'd like to see someone actually explain the moves Otis made, what was available at the time, and what he should've done instead. . .

really, you guys complain that a lot of us don't jump in the FIRE SVG FIRE OTIS crapwagon because you assume we think they're both perfect, but it's far from that. . . it's hard to come up with arguments against the moves that were made in relation to which players were available, what the team had to do to keep Dwight happy, and what the team had in terms of asset (players and $$)

so, until you can actually pretend you're in a message board and not your livejournal, quit your whining and start making some quality posts or just jump off already

Dwight Howard has left 235 points on the free throw line, is that Otis' fault? hell no. IMO Dwight needs to be canned, FT's are easy - from what I've read. Also, I think Otis needs to be promoted for putting up with this horrible team.

and now Cameron Diaz is dating A-Rod??? WTF

Shaq left a lot of points at the line and won 4 titles....

Otis needs promoted for putting up with this team.....uhhhh they are players he brought in if Im not mistaken. Minus Dwight and Jameer who were Weisbrods guys. So the rest you can hang on Otis including the vasquez debacle (brian hill or not). Bringing in a guy with a giant contract and two bad knees after the grant hill fiasco....Im sure that will be ownerships final straw.

• Upvote 1