Sign in to follow this  
The Ryan Anderbads

Has SVG failed the Magic? OR Management? OR players?

Did you read the rest of what I said? Your post is filled with overreaction.

BTW, if your a coach and you feel like you have a good chance to lose this game just because Bass was out, then shows the lack of confidence in the rest of your team. BTW, I don't think Stan felt that way. I think your completely ridiculous for saying that.

Overreaction to what? Don't post stuff and expect people to automatically accept it.

JJ just missed last game. We don't have a backup big. Jameer just bruised his knee. Arenas is still adapting to the system and is playing terribly. You really think he had 100% confidence? Especially against a team with (arguably) 3 All-Stars and on a winning streak?

Listen, SVG is not going to give Miami any undue praise or confidence. He's gonna downplay everything in regards to them to the media.

But to say he didnt take this game seriously is just naive.

By the way, downplaying our win against the Cavaliers in the 09 ECF's is shameful. The Cavaliers had the BEST RECORD IN THE LEAGUE at 66 wins. They had just plowed through their first 2 rounds, sweeping both opponents and winning by 10 points or more in each game. Game 1 was severely close. So was Game 2. Game 4 went into OT. That series could have swung so many ways.

How do you know the Cavaliers couldn't have beat the Lakers? Yes, Kobe was playing like a God that season. But so was Lebron. Just because they lost in the regular season, doesn't mean they couldn't beat them in the playoffs. How many times has that happened to us?

Seriously though, I'd wait until the Magic are getting knocked out of the playoffs before making a thread like this one. . . it could be completely useless come May.

JJ just missed last game. We don't have a backup big. Jameer just bruised his knee. Arenas is still adapting to the system and is playing terribly. You really think he had 100% confidence? Especially against a team with (arguably) 3 All-Stars and on a winning streak?

Listen, SVG is not going to give Miami any undue praise or confidence. He's gonna downplay everything in regards to them to the media.

But to say he didnt take this game seriously is just naive.

I'm saying your overreacting because your failing to see the rest of my post. I mentioned how I don't need the whole "omg this is a huuuuge game" speech.

JJ missed ONE game. We haven't had a backup big since we made the trades. Did you see the stats? Us not having a backup big had little affect.

Do I think he had 100% confidence that we, on our home court, can win this game? Yeah I really do. I think the whole downplaying thing stems from talks that him and Otis and Dwight have had about not taking the regular season so serious but theres something to be said for a team that constantly finds themselves in a hole and tries to dig themselves out as much as they do. That Orlando team that went to the Finals, battled night in and night out and really I think had more of a mental toughness and thats when Stan was more of the old Stan.

Just something I picked up from last night.

Did anyone see why Miami and Boston are better than us atm?

Mental Toughness

How many games have we lost this year that are within 5 points?

We don't know how to finish games or captialize on our opportunities.

Another problem I'm starting to question is, do we have heart?

When Jameer wen't out the other night with a "Sore" knee I wanted to rip his head off. I can understand him actually beign injured but soreness? Goodness isin't that what the medicine is for? It's only a 2 1/2 hours 48 min game. He should have know the team needed him.

D-Wade looked like he broke his damn back last night but that guy went to the locker room, probably took a shot of something, and finished his JOB.

Time to talk about Dwight. Does Dwight have the weakest mental game in the NBA? For an All-Star he does. How many stupid T's is this guy going to pick up? (especially when the game is on the line) How FT's will he miss when the lights get brighter? How many interviews are we going to have to watch him say "We need to improve. Our wings have to close out" When he should be saying "I need to get better. I need to improve. I need to be an example"

Finally SVG

One of the best if not thee best coach the Magic have ever encountered. Love the guy. Hard working, smart, and very tactiful. Stan is the perfect coach...almost.

The one thing I just want to punch SVG in face for is his gosh darn stubbornness. The man will not admit when he's wrong. Instead of trying new schemes and lineups to see which best works, he'll continue to play the same, failing one in hopes it will eventually work itself out. We have alot of talent on our team with so many schemes we could try but instead we don't even bother to shake things up.

So 3 things we need if we're going to be a force come April. Mental Toughness, Leadership, and Better Coaching. If we can fix those ares in the next 2 months then we got's us a ring.

• Upvote 2

It's definitely the players.

Management - In general, they have been doing a good job. They are staying active in trades, trying to build a championship caliber team. In my opinion all of the moves, aside from losing Gortat, have been good moves, well at least good decisions. The Magic were playing slow and with no emotion for awhile..so they got rid of the stagnant Lewis, and the warm and cold Carter. They tried to get more energy in the trade. It's not their fault the players did not meet expectation.

Coaching - Dude, don't even go there. SVG is a wonderful coach. I'm sure he says everything he can, screams, *****es, and curses to get these guys motivated and hyped up to take the *****ing game and grow a pair. It's not his fault they don't.

The Players - It is their fault they have a great team and play soft.

It's definitely the players.

Management - In general, they have been doing a good job. They are staying active in trades, trying to build a championship caliber team. In my opinion all of the moves, aside from losing Gortat, have been good moves, well at least good decisions. The Magic were playing slow and with no emotion for awhile..so they got rid of the stagnant Lewis, and the warm and cold Carter. They tried to get more energy in the trade. It's not their fault the players did not meet expectation.

Coaching - Dude, don't even go there. SVG is a wonderful coach. I'm sure he says everything he can, screams, *****es, and curses to get these guys motivated and hyped up to take the *****ing game and grow a pair. It's not his fault they don't.

The Players - It is their fault they have a great team and play soft.

I agree with this mostly. I don't know what goes on behind closed doors. I'm not expecting him to hype anyone up and I tried to state that in my original post about speechs. I just prefer not to say anything then to say its just 1 of 82. I stand behind Stan as our coach though. I think people fail to realize how well he develop players and how good he really is.