Sign in to follow this  
chosen12

With Bass Down..who steps up? Clark, Allen or Orton?

With Brandon Bass out, who is waiting to step in and step it up for our team. I raise this question simply because it is ironic that Stan DNP'd Bass for much of last years regular season.

Now there are a whole host of reasons why Stan made the decision to DNP Bass, some justifable (and some not), but the point of this thread is to raise the question, is SVG going to make the same mistake twice and DNP Clark? What does Allen provide us with? Where is Orton at in his "rehab or development"?

My concern is that SVG waited until the Boston series before he used Brandon, now he is our Starter at the 4 spot. This could be the best time to evaluate him or the others before losing them to another team who recognizes and continues to develop these kids?

What do you think?

Well, Orton is injured. Allen is a career journeyman. And Clark is a raw 3 that can play the 4 because of his height.

So yeah, none of the above.

So Clark did not impress you in his limted PT?

If you're asking me if I think Clark is a good player with good potential, the answer is a resounding yes. If you're asking me if he will step into a much larger role and subsequently "step it up" as in make a worldly leap in production the answer is no.

If you're asking me if I think Clark is a good player with good potential, the answer is a resounding yes. If you're asking me if he will step into a much larger role and subsequently "step it up" as in make a worldly leap in production the answer is no.

Well more to the point, ....I am asking if SVG is making the same mistake by not playing Clark, as by not playing Bass last season when he could have helped us during the regular season. Also what is holding the kid back besides learning the rotations? Good post!

I think SVG might be missing out on someone who COULD and very well CAN help us RIGHT NOW.

Earl Clark has potential. I don't think anyone disagrees with that and SVG has openly said in one of his postgame interviews that " Earl has the potential to be a great player in this league."

So, what exactly is the holdup here? Why are we not experimenting with him in our rotation more? He actually did a fantastic job in his very first game with us just playing with great energy and defense! Why not put him behind Hedo in our rotation?

Now that bass is out for awhile I expect SVG to put Clark behind Anderson at the 4. If he puts Malik(who has no upside anymore) as our backup 4 then I think SVG is missing on a great opportunity to get Earl some playing time and get comfortable with the team. I think SVG failed really hard last year in the boston series last year by not using Bass in our rotation behind Lewis from the beginning of the series. I love SVG but he needs to learn from the few mistakes that he has made here.