Sign in to follow this  
Trey Time

Brandon Bass' Jungle Diet

I take it you're also going to work out intensely as he does and play pro basketball too?

Trey's gonna work on his jokes (jumper) but put no time into his ability to deal with hecklers (passing).

A lot of diets that "aren't good for you" work simply because they are less bad for you than your previous diet, and the net change is positive, or rather, less bad.

I wonder how much sugar you're digesting. What berries/fruits are you eating?

Well for one, your body handles the sugar from fruit and the sugar from say, a cupcake, completely differently. But I've been taking in bananas, apples, grapes, blackberries, raspberries, and strawberries.

Well for one, your body handles the sugar from fruit and the sugar from say, a cupcake, completely differently. But I've been taking in bananas, apples, grapes, blackberries, raspberries, and strawberries.

Thanks Doogie Howser I know that. I'm just seeing which fruits you're taking in and 2/6 fruits you mentioned are VERY high in sugar. Just curious.

Keep us updated.

the body is regulated by two hormones, insulin and glucagon. Insulin is a hormone that tells the body to store and glucagon is a hormone that tells the body to move. The two cannot exists in the body at the same time. When glucose (sugar) is introduced into the body, insulin is produced and your system immediately begins the storage process. Your body does not know if the glucose you have introduced is from fruit, stevia, cane sugar, sucralose, fructose, sweet & low or etc., sugar in the bloodstream is sugar in the bloodstream.

what were you saying?

Bro, diets work only for so long. The results are nice at first but eventually you'll gain it back once you start to eat.

It's not about dieting but about a lifestyle change. Just make small changes to your diet.

Usual Example :Side salad with you sandwhich instead of fries.

Honestly you could eat WHATEVER you want, they key is to eat in moderation. So like instead of 5 slices of pizza only have 2. If your still hungry after that eat alot of veggies with like some ranch/blue cheese or whatever.

Also just drink ALOT of water throughout your day to flush it all out all the chemicals and waste and through time the lbs will fall off.

OR

If you have time to workout 3-4 times a week you could litterally eat whatever you want.

PS. I just ate like 4 tacos, and 2 burritos from taco bell last night so I feel kinda like a hypocrite right now :P

• Upvote 1

the body is regulated by two hormones, insulin and glucagon. Insulin is a hormone that tells the body to store and glucagon is a hormone that tells the body to move. The two cannot exists in the body at the same time. When glucose (sugar) is introduced into the body, insulin is produced and your system immediately begins the storage process. Your body does not know if the glucose you have introduced is from fruit, stevia, cane sugar, sucralose, fructose, sweet & low or etc., sugar in the bloodstream is sugar in the bloodstream.

what were you saying?

I read that the body can break down certain sugars and carbs into "usable" sugars in the body at different rates, so in escence not all sugars and carbs are treated equally in the body. The faster a body can break it down, and the more of it there is, the more insulin your body produces. This is why controlling your insulin levels through diet (like the Zone diet) can have a profound impact for assisting in the treatment of diabetes. That same diet can also help keep your body using stored fat as energy, instead of stored carbs.

• Upvote 1