Sign in to follow this  
Trey Time

Brandon Bass' Jungle Diet

Does anyone remember the "Jungle Diet" that the Magic players were talking about Brandon Bass being on? They talked to Bass, JJ, and Dwight about it. Bass was the only one doing it, Dwight said he couldn't do it and JJ was talking about some juicer he and his wife got. Well anyways, the gist of it is juice and berries, and I figured why not try it. If it works great, if not it's a funny story. So I started on Saturday and just now (4am Monday morning, insomnia) I stepped on the scale and I've dropped SIX pounds.

Thank you Mr. Bass!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Does anyone remember the "Jungle Diet" that the Magic players were talking about Brandon Bass being on? They talked to Bass, JJ, and Dwight about it. Bass was the only one doing it, Dwight said he couldn't do it and JJ was talking about some juicer he and his wife got. Well anyways, the gist of it is juice and berries, and I figured why not try it. If it works great, if not it's a funny story. So I started on Saturday and just now (4am Monday morning, insomnia) I stepped on the scale and I've dropped SIX pounds.

Thank you Mr. Bass!

I'm a personal trainer who's been involved with fitness and nutrition for 15 years. There's a ton of diet "fads" over the years. Tread carefully. Does the diet give you enough protein? What about calcium? If your just eating fruits and berries you are going down a road that you don't want to go. Be very careful of diets that athletes and movie stars do. Their goals will never be your goals because of what they do. Six lbs is great but really fast for in that small amount of time.

• Upvote 2

Not an expert at this subject, but I bet you that as soon as you go back to your regular meals, you'll gain those pounds back in no time.

Best diet is to exercise, eat smarter, eat less and more often and avoid deep fried foods. It's worked for me and I haven't starved one day.

Don't hate

I'm not. But I believe your weight fluctuates daily. Also, assuming you're on an all liquid diet, you're probably pissing alot. You might have lost alot of water weight.

But I don't claim to be a nutritionist and am probably wrong.

I'm not. But I believe your weight fluctuates daily. Also, assuming you're on an all liquid diet, you're probably pissing alot. You might have lost alot of water weight.

But I don't claim to be a nutritionist and am probably wrong.

it's OK, nutritionists are wrong too.

Not really an all liquid diet, I've expanded it a bit. I eat as much as I want, its just that its fruit that Im eating. I've been getting my protein through shakes.

So instead of eating stuff that is bad for you you replace it with things that are good for you. Then use lose weight. This Brandon Bass fella is a freaking genius. No wonder he takes such good shots within the flow of the offense.

Do whatever you want, if you get sick and die (which you won't, since your body is smarter than you are) you'll know it was a bad choice. Chances are, if you're willing to truly give this "diet" a go, you'll be over it and back to your typical lifestyle in no time.