Sign in to follow this  
Air Gordon

Serious question

After watching tonight's game and Jameer go out, I'm calling out everyone who says trade or bench Jameer. After tonight's game against the Bulls does anyone still hold the Jameer's expendable and Gilbert should start theory? I'm calling out a few posters specifically.. This team NEEDS Jameer Nelson to have any chance in the postseason..

• Upvote 5

After watching tonight's game and Jameer go out, I'm calling out everyone who says trade or bench Jameer. After tonight's game against the Bulls does anyone still hold the Jameer's expendable and Gilbert should start theory? I'm calling out a few posters specifically.. This team NEEDS Jameer Nelson to have any chance in the postseason..

I was just about to make this thread. All of those who want Jameer benched need to GTFO. Gilbert Arenas is just bad. Really bad. Really really really bad.

• Downvote 1

Yeah, there was a lot of Meer bashing. He's not the best PG in the world but that doesn't make him the worst either and he is the best we've got.

I checked on the stats for this game and seen D12 at nearly 40 points and noone else on the team was even in double figures. This is unacceptable, I thought we had great offensive weapons on this team. Instead we're depending on the Defensive player of the year and apparently someone who "doesn't have a very good offensive game" to get our points. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

We need to help the big guy.

Yeah, there was a lot of Meer bashing. He's not the best PG in the world but that doesn't make him the worst either and he is the best we've got. \

Hes not the BEST pg, but hes been here forever and he knows our system and knows how to run the team. Its like Hedo, if Jameer was on any other team I dont think he would be effective, he belongs here.

Jameer haters will continue to hate...but he is the heart and soul of the team. Dwight looked pretty upset with Gilberts decision making tonight. Gotta get the team chemistry right before the playoffs or we may be knocked it in the second round.

This is going to make me look really stupid but, part of what Arenas did tonight was ok. He played decent team D in the 4th and that helped us. Now the offense on the other hand was exactly why we were so emphatic about him not getting more mins. Bad passes, horrible shot selection. He shot jumpers when he should have attacked and one of the few times he decided to attack he should have pulled up. That offensive foul was foolish.

Having said all of that he still isn't why we lost. He didn't help matters with his offensive play but we got killed on the glass, we didn't play the same level of D in the 3rd that we played in the 4th, and turnovers killed us. Hedo was every bit as bad with the shot selection as Gilbert was tonight. Jameer doesn't take those bad shots and with the lack of shot blocking they had on the floor Jameer would have gone at the basket.

Pisses me off that Dwight plays an amazing all around game, we fight back from a terrible shooting night to get within 3 to a very good team and we find a way to lose instead of winning.

• Upvote 2

Dwight looked like Shaq in his prime tonight.

Gilbert at times looked pretty good. I got all excited when he hit his first two shots in the fourth. I thought "Oh man, if this gets Gil going watch out!" but it looks like he failed to capitalize on this opportunity. His decision making is just terrible. You can't blame that floating pass on his knee. Shooting he looked ok. Good enough for a backup point guard but not good enough for someone who's supposed to be an explosive guy.

This is going to make me look really stupid but, part of what Arenas did tonight was ok. He played decent team D in the 4th and that helped us. Now the offense on the other hand was exactly why we were so emphatic about him not getting more mins. Bad passes, horrible shot selection. He shot jumpers when he should have attacked and one of the few times he decided to attack he should have pulled up. That offensive foul was foolish.

Having said all of that he still isn't why we lost. He didn't help matters with his offensive play but we got killed on the glass, we didn't play the same level of D in the 3rd that we played in the 4th, and turnovers killed us. Hedo was every bit as bad with the shot selection as Gilbert was tonight. Jameer doesn't take those bad shots and with the lack of shot blocking they had on the floor Jameer would have gone at the basket.

Pisses me off that Dwight plays an amazing all around game, we fight back from a terrible shooting night to get within 3 to a very good team and we find a way to lose instead of winning.

All points you make are true, and you don't look stupid at all. Your point about Gil being terrible on offense when that's what we brought him in here for is what bothered me the most tonight, and that lofty cross court pass to Hedo with under a minute and we're down 5 that got picked off made me wanna vomit. I don't know if we would've won if Jameer didn't get hurt, but I know it wouldn't have left such a bad taste in my mouth. Dwight goes for 40/15 with 4 steals and 3 blocks and we lose. That's a shame and the kind of thing that makes great players leave towns unfortunately...

Arenas is not the only reason we lost, but he finally got his chance to play big minutes and was horrible. Hedo at least gets a pass because he's actually done good things since the trade. Gilbert...not so much.

• Downvote 1