Sign in to follow this  
FlawlessVictory

Orlando Magic - Contenders or Pretenders?

I'm trying to be realistic without wearing my blue shades.....why don't you try it.

I'll try to summon up some indignant post-loss rage to make you happy.

And there you have it folks. A knee jerk reaction to a one game loss. It's a good thing the contending teams haven't lost to any teams they were supposed to beat.

I was using that as a reference to what is actually fact you tool. Wake up from your Magical playland pal.

• Downvote 4

As long as Dwight Howard is on your roster, you have a chance to win games... which includes a stretch of seven games. I'd like to think we have more of a potent offense this season than we ever have.

The defense will take some time, but I'm sure it will come around come playoff time... and you can expect Dwight to step his game to an even higher level defensively.

You can't expect guys to bring it every game, but you could give T-Mac some credit for this one.

Tracy McGrady scores 20 points on 19 shots and that is something noteworthy?

Really, the Magic would sleepwalk into the Finals if every team they faced showed that kind of efficiency.

The Celtics lost to the RAPTORS in a game where Bargs scored 29 points on 20 shots (much better efficiency). You should make a thread about that, too.

Oh wait, never mind, your opinion is completely unbiased and because of this it's automatically a better one.

This guy is probably from RealGM, just not sure why he's posting here and not there. . .

I was using that as a reference to what is actually fact you tool. Wake up from your Magical playland pal.

First off, and this is probably most important, I'm not your pal.

Secondly, I don't know why I should intelligently debate any of your points when you haven't answered the questions that BMP already presented to you. The Magic have already beaten both the Heat and the Celtics this season. So, to say the "Magic have zero chance of beating either of those teams in a 7 game series" is an opinion based off your emotional response to McGrady having a vintage game against his old team. Again, like BMP said earlier, there is a difference between being a contender to win the championship and being the favorite. Since your thread title is "Contenders or pretenders?", I would think the difference should be obvious to you but it's clearly not.

Finally, I would appreciate it if you didn't make assumptions of my opinions based off nothing that I've said. You've been here what, 28 minutes? What do you possibly know about what I think about the Magic?

• Upvote 4

Tracy McGrady scores 20 points on 19 shots and that is something noteworthy?

Really, the Magic would sleepwalk into the Finals if every team they faced showed that kind of efficiency.

Umm, who won?

The Celtics lost to the RAPTORS in a game where Bargs scored 29 points on 20 shots (much better efficiency). You should make a thread about that, too.

You're really good at bringing up topics that have NOTHING to do with the discussion. Really dude? Just accept a different opinion than yours.....it's O.....K.....

Oh wait, never mind, your opinion is completely unbiased and because of this it's automatically a better one.

This guy is probably from RealGM, just not sure why he's posting here and not there. . .

So your opinion is completely bias and because of THIS, IT too is automatically better......really, where the hell are you going with this now?!

• Downvote 3

I've never understood the idea of trying to decide what a team can or cannot do in the playoffs based upon one game in the regular season, which is exactly what this thread is intended to do. None of us are fortune tellers, we know absolutely nothing about what is going to happen in the playoffs.

Games aren't played on paper. Hell, if games were played on paper we would have won by 20 tonight.

As long as Dwight Howard is on your roster, you have a chance to win games... which includes a stretch of seven games. I'd like to think we have more of a potent offense this season than we ever have.

The defense will take some time, but I'm sure it will come around come playoff time... and you can expect Dwight to step his game to an even higher level defensively.

You can't expect guys to bring it every game, but you could give T-Mac some credit for this one.

Good point.....

But everyone keeps saying the D will come around. I'm not so sure. It's not the system, and it's only partially a timing issue.....we simply don't have capable defenders.

First off, and this is probably most important, I'm not your pal.

Secondly, I don't know why I should intelligently debate any of your points when you haven't answered the questions that BMP already presented to you. The Magic have already beaten both the Heat and the Celtics this season. So, to say the "Magic have zero chance of beating either of those teams in a 7 game series" is an opinion based off your emotional response to McGrady having a vintage game against his old team. Again, like BMP said earlier, there is a difference between being a contender to win the championship and being the favorite. Since your thread title is "Contenders or pretenders?", I would think the difference should be obvious to you but it's clearly not.

Finally, I would appreciate it if you didn't make assumptions of my opinions based off nothing that I've said. You've been here what, 28 minutes? What do you possibly know about what I think about the Magic?

Are you a female?

Cause you sure do read only what you want to and believe in only what you choose to see. You guys are right, we're GREAT!!!!!

You're really good at bringing up topics that have NOTHING to do with the discussion. Really dude? Just accept a different opinion than yours.....it's O.....K.....

Efficiency has EVERYTHING to do with the discussion. It took McGrady nearly 20 shots to put up 20 points. I'll let you in on a secret: Most decent offensive players can score 20 points if they get 19 shots in a game. Do you want to know who is responsible for the Pistons winning tonight? Austin Daye and Tayshaun Prince.

Are you a female?

Cause you sure do read only what you want to and believe in only what you choose to see. You guys are right, we're GREAT!!!!!

Yeah, I give up. Internet arguments are dumb....particularly against stupid people. Have fun with whatever you are trying to accomplish with this thread.