Sign in to follow this  
Agent Zero

Arenas edges Ryan Anderson in shooting contest

I think he was saying that you cant be the best shooter in game because of ray allen is still alive and kicking. If you compare arenas shooting form to Rhynos and JJ's for example you can see the obvious flaws why he is so bad. There is no consistency in it, its just like he is throwin the ball in there. If he wants to be better he needs to shoot alot more, put some extra work in it.

• Upvote 1

Actually, if he wants to be a better shooter, he's gonna have to stop taking off-balance shots and contested 30 footers

good luck with that one

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

True. It's his shot selection that makes a problem. Though as I've previously said, the team doesn't really run plays for him i.e. looks to put him in a position to take a good shot so it's a whole mix of things that we all hope to work out.

True. It's his shot selection that makes a problem. Though as I've previously said, the team doesn't really run plays for him i.e. looks to put him in a position to take a good shot so it's a whole mix of things that we all hope to work out.

I believe Stan's focus is for Arenas to be more of a play maker than a scorer, and in order for him to do the opposite, he'd have to start playing with Hedo more often, but I'm not sure that would be a good idea because Nelson is a much better spot up shooter.

As far as not trying, I think he has, which is why we see JJ pretending to be a PG with Arena out on the floor every once in awhile.

I definitely think that Stan is trying to make him a better player, mostly on the defensive end that is, which is great. Now as a huge fan of Gil I do want him to play more but then again it will be for the better. Not that he can play better than before his injury but he should improve his current potential a lot.

I would love to see JJ in the 3 point contest, the boy reckons he has never lost one before!!

+1 I think he deserves to be in it and win it!

I think his downfall is his shot selection in games. He needs to be more judicious and aware of the offensive situation. Meaning, if he doesn't get a solid pass, if he is off balance, if he is guarded closely -- do not shoot the ball. Be patient, pick your spots.

That is why attacking the basket is so crucial. It opens up your game and when the defender gives you some cushion, then let it fly.

Next to that video, on the right, there is another video of Gil talking about Pistons loss. It is a close-up and man Gil looks so old, tired and wasted..

well he is old.

After game you prolly are tired.

Maybe he already opened the bottle to ease up the pain.

You know, in the Houston game he looked good and it was because he was not shooting, he was going to the basket. After he took some crappy shots last night he started to go to the basket again and he was helping us...then he went back to shooting again. If he would just drop the idea that he is a shooter and go at the basket then occasionally shoot from distance he would really help us.

Gilbert's recent play reminds me of January Vince. He's not comfortable with shooting, whether spot-up or on a pull-up, and every miss has him growing shakier by the possession. He doesn't have that explosiveness off the dribble to help him off-set poor perimeter shooting nights. I don't believe he'll feel comfortable with this team unless he plays big minutes/starts, and given that that isn't likely to occur anytime soon, if ever, he'll likely play this way throughout the course of this season. It's on him to regain some of that speed back during the offseason, but as it stands, he's just not a very effective option.

Also, I said it before, but the dude CAN'T BUY A CALL. It's pretty ridiculous. Reminds me of Carter in the playoffs against Boston. He needs to find out whatever the hell Kevin Martin says/does to convince officials that he warrants even half of his bogus calls, because it makes little sense to drive and absorb contact if the officials plan to swallow their whistles.