Sign in to follow this  
Secretly Space Jesus

Philadelphia 76ers @ Orlando Magic.

Dwight committed a delay of game, right? And was that the second delay of game against the Magic? If so, Dwight received the technical because he committed the 2nd of 2 delay of games called against the Magic (I don't know who committed the 1st one, which was a warning).

Am I right?

Dwight committed the first one as well, early in the game after an offensive foul. I believe the technical was charged to Dwight without a delay of game being called. If the tech. was on the 2nd delay of the game it wouldn't be charged to any personal player, just to the team.

http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_12.html?nav=ArticleList

"Section II--Delay-of-Game

PENALTY: The first offense is a warning. A technical foul shall be assessed with each successive offense and charged to the team. An announcement will be made by the public address announcer. The 24-second clock shall remain the same or reset to 14, whichever is greater, if the violation is assessed against the defensive team. The offensive team shall be awarded a new 8 seconds to advance the ball if it is in the backcourt. If repeated acts become a travesty, the head coach shall be noti-fied that he is being held responsible."

Dwight undoubtedly committed the first one as well, early in the game after an offensive foul. I believe the technical was charged to Dwight without a delay of game being called. I'm pretty sure if the tech. was on the 2nd delay of the game it wouldn't be charged to any personal player, just to the team.

I suppose you are right about the part in bold. Before you mentioned it, I wondered why a technical would be assessed against an individual player instead of the team

Ya, I didnt think delay of games go on your record as an individual. That would be dumb if the guy who got the 2nd delay of game got the T and the guy who got the initial one got nothing lol. So ya, I don think this was Dwights 13th tech. This wouldnt be the 1st time Matty and Steele were wrong, especially lately. I swear they been hittin the bong during halftime.

There was a point during the post-game interviews where Paul Kennedy and Pat Garrity were talking to Ryan Anderson about his performance. They had cut to full screen with just Ryan visible for about 10 seconds. Then when they cut back to Paul and Pat, it looked like they had been making some kind of hand gesture and stopped about a half second before it cut back to them. I was wondering if they were clowning around when they were off camera. Did anyone else notice this?

I watched the game again last night in the technical isn't going to be charged to Dwight Howard because of the fact that it was the second delay of game. Howard then walked away with no serious look about it on his face so its obvious that was the case. Not to mention that it was a pretty bad delay of game call. Howard tossed it into the direction of a official.