Sign in to follow this  
Dan Savage

Have Otis Smith Answer Your Question

(also, just so you know, the EPL (English Premier League) holds the vast majority of its games only on a weekend, so the fact that you mention during the week is largely irrelevant in this discussion)

I was talking about the NBA.

I don't watch soccer.

• Upvote 1

Just so you know, I did say saturday and sunday, but thanks for the inside knowledge. Besides, part of the reason it may not be very popular abroad, or the fact that they get the bulk of their money locally is because its so difficult for other nations to enjoy the action. Sure its a risk, but the world is a much larger market than one country. I'd say its worth the risk for the weekend to have earlier games.

(also, just so you know, the EPL (English Premier League) holds the vast majority of its games only on a weekend, so the fact that you mention during the week is largely irrelevant in this discussion)

It would be a better idea to replay a few games each week either at night, early afternoon, or on the weekends to try and cultivate new fan bases.

Not that I have (or had) any hope for early afternoon or late evening games soon as long as it is not beneficiary for NBA. But just out of curiosity: Who actually decides when a game is to be played. Home team, NBA and/or broadcasters?

I was talking about the NBA.

I don't watch soccer.

I was mentioning the fact that they play most of the games on the weekend just in case you thought that they held games on any day of the week at that time. It is also called football. :shard:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Get a DVR. You can't play an 82 game season on weekends.

Well, its quite hard to record nba games when I don't have access to a channel that plays them (not that I know of anyway). I also pay for the league pass, but it's annoying having to wait till the next day to watch it, particularly as I may not have time, and I often find out the result from somewhere. I also wasn't suggesting that every game gets played on the weekend, I was simply suggesting that both Saturday and Sunday games should/could be played earlier for a more global viewing.

Well, its quite hard to record nba games when I don't have access to a channel that plays them (not that I know of anyway). I also pay for the league pass, but it's annoying having to wait till the next day to watch it, particularly as I may not have time, and I often find out the result from somewhere. I also wasn't suggesting that every game gets played on the weekend, I was simply suggesting that both Saturday and Sunday games should/could be played earlier for a more global viewing.

If you search hard enough you'll find websites that have torrents of NBA games.

If you search hard enough you'll find websites that have torrents of NBA games.

Thanks, but I'm still left with the problem of usually finding out the results before I get to watch it. I'm also quite happy to pay for league pass.

Afternoon games on weekends are tough too, especially early in the season. Why do you think ABC is starting up there Sunday Showcases now? They aren't going to attempt going up against football, it's just ratings suicide.