Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Plus/Minus Poll

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who leads the team for the last ten games in the plus/minus poll? (No cheating)

• Jameer Nelson
    • Gilbert Arenas
    • Jason Richardson
    • JJ Redick
    • Hedo Turkoglu
    • Brandon Bass
    • Ryan Anderson
    • Dwight Howard

Good bench players will always dominate +/- stats. It's simple really, they play against the other team's bench who are usually worse than they are. Not saying Gil has only played against bench players, but most of his minutes have been when the other team has made substitutions, counter that with the fact that most teams have crappy back up PG's and you have your answer.

I'm far more impressed with Hedo's +/- than with Gil's for the simple reason that he's been doing it against starting lineups.

Manu Ginobli led the universe in +/- when he was coming off the bench for the Spurs, and Jamal Crawford had a great one last year.

In games Ginobili and Crawford have started their numbers are lower. Common sense really.

The best thing I take from this is that Gil takes serious advantage of his opponents while he's on the floor. This is a net gain for the entire Magic Nation. I can promise you that if he becomes a starter his +/- will come back down to Earth.

There's often too much read into this stat, particularly on a per game basis, but bench players rarely dominate the +/- stat, and you're way off base with Crawford. Manu typically has lead the Spurs & leads them again this year while starting. No shock, they are at their best w/him on the floor just as the Magic have been w/Dwight on the floor the past 3/4 seasons.

Lol. Read the whole thread.

Yeah, I've read it! It was only black humour! Nothing more! :P

But I'm not a big supporter of this stat, in particular with such a short range of data.

Now that we are 10 games into the trade, here are the numbers:

Redick +85

Turk +81

Anderson +79

Arenas +74

Howard +69

Bass +51

Nelson +46

J. Richardson +32

http://www.nba.com/s...t=22&team=Magic

Things are starting to even out. As fans, many of us have pined for a vintage San Antonio or Detroit-like balanced team, and now it is happening. Love all of the playmakers! Go Magic!