LOL YEAH I BET FANS WERE DISAPPOINTED WHEN JACK "THE GOOSE IS LOOSE" GIVENS GOT TAKEN OFF THE AIR CUZ HE'S SUCH AN UPSTANDING CITIZEN WITH A SPOTLESS RECORD AND NEVER GOT ACCUSED REALLY BAD THINGS INVOLVING CHILDREN LOL I WAS SO DISAPPOINTED HIDE YA KIDS HIDE YA WIFE AMIRITE?????????????????

Not really as he was acquitted. Nick Anderson had to deal with something similar in his day as well. Do you remember him standing up in front of the camera's, crying because some girl accused him of rape? That didn't go anywhere either.

In both cases, the accuser wasn't wasn't being honest. Not to say that either one of them put themselves in bad situations but when your a celebrity and your accused of something like that, your tainted for life.

Moving on.....The Chip Caray and The Goose were awesome. The guys we have now aren't very good.

I watched that video about 4 times and I still can't get this joke. Maybe, it's because of different countries and cultures, but I would really appreciate if someone could help me find the funny part :)

I saw another man right here writing that he doesn't get, but explanation never appeared :( That's sad, because I'd like to understand it too...

The video of the guy sweating?

I mean, i'd really like to hear that "Alright thanks man" joke explanation, because I simply can't find that funny part, which makes you smile, create new topic, make sigs etc..

Thanks and sorry if you find me annoying :)

I mean, i'd really like to hear that "Alright thanks man" joke explanation, because I simply can't find that funny part, which makes you smile, create new topic, make sigs etc..

People are looking for anything for amusement, it's slow around here..There hasn't been a multi player, multi team trade in over a week now.. :D

Not really as he was acquitted. Nick Anderson had to deal with something similar in his day as well. Do you remember him standing up in front of the camera's, crying because some girl accused him of rape? That didn't go anywhere either.

In both cases, the accuser wasn't wasn't being honest. Not to say that either one of them put themselves in bad situations but when your a celebrity and your accused of something like that, your tainted for life.

Moving on.....The Chip Caray and The Goose were awesome. The guys we have now aren't very good.

I miss Chip. Steele and Matty sometimes talk too much. I'll tune them out and a few minutes later I'm like "They're still talking?" And its usually something totally irrelevant. Matty is knowledgable though.

I miss Chip. Steele and Matty sometimes talk too much. I'll tune them out and a few minutes later I'm like "They're still talking?" And its usually something totally irrelevant. Matty is knowledgable though.

Matty might be a little better if he had a side kick that made him better, like Chip. Chip was one of the best and you could always count on the Goose for some great knowledge on the play, the player and the coach. If you were the average fan you were excited and you would learn something about the game. I still remember Chips cheezy lines he would yell..."He was open like a Barn Door!!"

This town loved the Magic and it was in no small part due to Chip and The Goose. Granted, we had a good team and went to the finals, Much like we have now but this town hasn't buzzed like that since. Magic Fan Attic stores all around town.

Going to the game is great for a small number but if you can't go to the game, you need someone(in addition to the players) to make this game exciting for the bulk of the fans out there. Many of the new fans today weren't around yet for Chip & The Goose and don't know how exciting those guys made the game. How fun it really could be watching a game vs the boring nice guys we have right now.

What was funny was a couple of things.

1. You could tell this was his first interview. You could just sense that he has imagined what it would be like one day to be interviewed on the court like his childhood idols do on a nightly basis. He looked straight into the camera the whole time!!! Who does that? Someone who dreamed of that day told himself that he would have to remember to look straight into the camera. He even said, Alright, Thanks Man. A classic line for a rookie who was so excited about having a game that prompted them to interview him. He was thankful, how cool was that. Funny as you never see a player do any of those things, UNLESS it's your first time which was great to see as well.

And....He was sweating like a pig because he's never played that much in his whole life!

Does that help?

• Upvote 1

Where is Chip these days? Last I knew he was calling Cub games after his ol man past away. Is he still doing them?

He originally left to broadcast the Cub's games for his famous grandfather Harry Caray. He left that Gig and I believe went to Atlanta where his Dad announced. I believe he was let go from the Braves directly and now works for Fox Sports South, still covering the Braves and I think some other sports as well. I actually just looked it up and there was a link for him on TBS. http://www.tbs.com/stories/story/0,,44182,00.html

He keeps staring at the camera and makes it for a very awkward interview. He looks at the camera and it's almost like he's trying to pierce your soul. He continues to look awkward and then gives out an awesome "Alright, thanks man" and to top it all off he goes running to the locker room and right before he goes in the tunnel he goes to fist bump the security guard but once he realizes the security guard wasn't having it he turns his fist bump into a fist pump and fades into black

Really, it's the best interview ever. And this isn't to mention him sweating profusely throughout the whole thing.

• Upvote 1

Basically a lot of the guys on this forum were making fun of a guy who will make more money this year than they will in their lifetime. That and he sure does sweat profusely.