OllieWillie

Do the Magic have a new identity???

I'm not talking about the new players coming in, that's obvious, I'm talking about the style in which the Magic will play with these new players.

In recent years we've played a very slow and methodical pace. We usually bring the ball up court at a casual pace and get a good look at the D before making a play. Now that's fine and with players as slow as VC and Lewis it's to be expected, we didn't have the cattle to play a faster style.

Now with the addition of Arenas and J Rich (Hedo to a lesser extent) we're going to be able to pick up the pace on offence and maybe, just maybe, get some fast break points for a change. With a C as athletic as Dwight is, we can really push the tempo without playing a 4 on 5 in the open court. With players like Arenas and J Rich on the wings, we're made for that sort of game.

Not only is a faster pace much more entertaining to watch but it could come in handy should we get stuck with the Celtics in the play-offs. Imagine us playing a fast paced game against Rondo, Allen, PP, KG and Shaq. There is only one player in that 5 who is at all quick. Dwight would run Shaq, Perkins or Big Fatty into the ground.

I for one am very excited about the prospect of the Magic changing the game plan, it's going to be great to watch at the very least and hopefully it'll get us back on track to contend again.

Oh and have a read of the article that inspired this rant below.........

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2010/12/orlando-magic-hoping-to-run-more-with-new-cast-of-playmakers.html

I am waiting for Nelson to start coming off the bench and see if/or how the team would be run by Arenas. I am glad that J-Rich was picked up in the trade over VC. Tho he is in a bit of a slump right now.

I couldn't believe the amount of half-court walking we did in the ECF, especially in the first couple of home games. After two sweeps, rested and all, i though we were gonna run them green suckers to the nearest ICU. And yet, "slowly" and "methodic" turned "not showing up".

Let's hope this lineup puts the petal to the floor and keeps it there. :tmt:

it's early, wicked early but I would say yes. Watching tonight, the rotations, granted we shot out of our minds, but those rotations give us a different look nearly each time. Not to mention that if we are truly are to trade for another big man, I think we might just have a stew gawn.

This team has always played best when it pushed the ball, it just rarely has, and is out of necessity right now. Hope they keep it up. Arenas isn't a micromanager/ball pounder at point, he throws the ball ahead, that's key. J-Rich can create off the bounce & will attack when the ball is thrown ahead, Magic haven't had that on the wings in the transition game w/the exception of Courtney Lee to a lesser degree.

This team is going to have many of the same issues it's had, but they have more ball handlers, & better passers.

This team has always played best when it pushed the ball, it just rarely has, and is out of necessity right now. Hope they keep it up. Arenas isn't a micromanager/ball pounder at point, he throws the ball ahead, that's key. J-Rich can create off the bounce & will attack when the ball is thrown ahead, Magic haven't had that on the wings in the transition game w/the exception of Courtney Lee to a lesser degree.

This team is going to have many of the same issues it's had, but they have more ball handlers, & better passers.

we've never had a "this" team.

Exactly,this team IS not a the finals team, nor is it as Barkley put it a team with "creme puff" players anymore. LIke addi said earlier, this team is different. It has a different swagger, and its exciting. I'm not declaring us a Final favorites, but we certainly have a better chance then we did before the trades.

Whats "This" team??