Sign in to follow this  
Jagsfreak27

This Team is Better With.....

Last year, when Arenas was getting 7+ assists per game, Washington had a fg% of .449 and a 3pt% of .353. Arenas was below both of those, and can't pass to himself, so the average of guys he had available to pass to was actually higher on both counts.

This season, with Jameer getting 7+ assists per game, the Magic are hitting a fg% of .460 and a 3pt% of .350. Nelson is just slightly below (.456) on his fg%, but is above the team average from behind the arc, so the fg% would dip ever so slightly but the 3pt% would actually drop lower.

Any thing else you'd like to make up?

What am I making up? According to your math above the team had a lower fg percentage than the magic. Doesn't lower fg% usually mean more missed shots?

What am I making up? According to your math above the team had a lower fg percentage than the magic. Doesn't lower fg% usually mean more missed shots?

Their SLIGHTLY lower fg% is minimal, and if you don't agree, then I would be forced to use your own logic and point out that they shot BETTER from behind the arc than the Magic are doing. Better usually means fewer missed shots.

You do realize, before taking into account Jameer and Gil's own shooting percentages, their team fg% is about 1 percentage point different. That's not significant, but for the sake of argument, we can bump up Arenas' assists by a similar amount. That takes him from 7.6 to 7.67. Feel better? Not much of a difference, is it?

As a long time season ticket holder who enjoys some personal friendships with knowledgeable magic members, I can tell you that it's definitely on the table. It's all up to Gilbert now.

Comedy Gold :cheers:

Gotta run. Need some sleep for the big game tomorrow. I'll be sure to let all of you wanna be's know what it's like to sit up close vs watching the game from your parents basement.

If by chance there are a few of you who actually have tickets and can get into the Mercedes Lounge, I sit right behind Nick & Bo.

• Downvote 1

Gotta run. Need some sleep for the big game tomorrow. I'll be sure to let all of you wanna be's know what it's like to sit up close vs watching the game from your parents basement.

If by chance there are a few of you who actually have tickets and can get into the Mercedes Lounge, I sit right behind Nick & Bo.

lmao, this guy. . .

lmao, this guy. . .

I've got something for you, it made me chuckle... hold on.

Edit: NVM, it was a screenshot of the forum page and it said "This Team is Better With... ButterMilkPancakes", but I can't find the file I saved. lol

Their SLIGHTLY lower fg% is minimal, and if you don't agree, then I would be forced to use your own logic and point out that they shot BETTER from behind the arc than the Magic are doing. Better usually means fewer missed shots.

your talking .003% points. nothing that's going to show up or affect the assist column but I do hear you.

Just having fun with all of you tonight. Don't take me too seriously unless I can share a beer with you at the game tomorrow. That is for real.

Merry Christmas.

What makes you think your name/ticket location makes the content of your posts less terrible? I mean, seriously, my eyes are bleeding.

Just having fun with all of you tonight. Don't take me too seriously unless I can share a beer with you at the game tomorrow. That is for real.

Merry Christmas.

I'll have to take a raincheck. Family Christmas tomorrow night.