Sign in to follow this  
Trey Time

Am I the only one?

I couldn't believe Hedo's defense, he actually did a good job and worked on that end.

He has always been a decent defender mainly because he is pretty bulky for his height and long (no homo), people on this board just bash him so much they don't wanna give credit when credit is due.

Yep, just agreed with your post in the other thread. I'm excited about this team. All we need to do is fix the Malik Allen problem. (Maybe Arenas can help out with that? ;) j/k) But seriously, he needs to go to the bench and stay there.

He has always been a decent defender mainly because he is pretty bulky for his height and long (no homo), people on this board just bash him so much they don't wanna give credit when credit is due.

Hedo was always pretty lazy on the defensive end. He didn't go a very good job of closing out in the past. I don't remember him having to close out very much tonight, probably why he looked good there tonight.

Considering it was the first game played together and all they had was a walkthrough, I thought we looked pretty good. We obviously need to get better but a couple weeks together will bring that. A win this week against one of these tough teams could be huge for this teams' confidence going forward. Some positives I took away was turks' passing, our defensive quickness (although we did collapse to quick on occasion), and our ability to run the floor. Negatives include Malik Allen, rebounding, and shooting (should get better.)

Biggest problems tonight... the new guys look tenative to make mistakes and to take shots (that will change) and our lack of size up front (that will change)

Basically, way I look at it... nothing to worry about.

I liked the way they looked out there. I think Bass took waaaay too many shots in the first half. I don't care if he is given 5-6 feet, I would rather see him drive in the lane and possibly get fouled then take 16-18 ft jump shots consistently. Dude needs to be rebounding, not putting up double digit shot attempts.

we need this line up

Arenas

Jrich

Turk

Anderson

Howard

to start.

That leaves

Nelson

Redick

Q

Bass

Stuff

it gives us the stretch 4 again but one who actually rebounds and we have a rafer alston type pg, but one that can score.

idk if u guys remember but that team was so nasty with rafer and the stretch 4

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Jameer doesn't come off the bench. He's played too well for this team for so long to be put on the bench. Arenas is perfect off the bench because of his ability to play the two guard spot, and he's a strict scorer like a Jamal Crawford. Anderson starting didn't work so well early in the year, maybe if he starts playing better when he's healthy he can take that spot, but Bass earned the starting four spot.

Al Horford: "They have the same kind of team. They're shooters. They're the same team but with different players."

Atlanta is getting way too cocky. They got swept by Magic in the playoffs and now they want to act like they actually play defense.