Sign in to follow this  
christophergentry110401

Magic Compensation to the Miami Heat Is????

Not really,

The Heat have the option to exchange first round picks...It's Lottery protected however. If we finish the season with a lower draft pick Miami will keep their pick and receive Orlando's 2nd rounder for that year.

optional swap for next year is ok, we will have better record them then,

but giving up out first of our second round pick ? if it was our last pick then ok, but first ?

i don't like that at all, why SVG just don't terminate his contract, every employee could do that so why he couldn't ?

quote:
In return for freeing Van Gundy from the final year on his consulting contract, the Heat will receive the No. 39 pick in the June 28 NBA Draft from the Magic.

In addition, the Heat will have the right to swap 2008 first-round draft positions with the Magic, provided Orlando's selection is not in the lottery. If the Heat does not invoke that option, it instead would receive a 2008 second-round pick from Orlando as well as a cash payment believed to be $500,000.

quote:
"I'm not going to get into the fairness issue," Van Gundy said during his introductory media session in Orlando. "I just say I'm very grateful to Pat."

quote:
"Pat did not want to let him go, for various reasons," Magic General Manager Otis Smith said. "I'm satisfied with the deal because we have the right guy."

Riley, in a statement, said it was only business, not personal.

"The Orlando Magic are getting the best young coach in the NBA," Riley said. "As a direct competitor in our division, they were going to have to compensate us for that."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basketball/heat/sfl-...oll=sfla-sports-heat