NittanyBuc

Potential Bigs We Can Acquire? (Post-Trade Deadline Edition)

Howard averaging 22pts on 57% shooting against Boston (with a couple of 30+ pt games) in the playoffs should be enough evidence to support the fact that they don't have anyone to shut him down.

The main problem, however, was that Howard was the only one creating offense. Nelson did it for 1/2 of the series but it wasn't enough. The team relied way too much on individuals and wasn't versatile enough to overcome the matchup problems (in the wings).

And with all of that still being said the series was still decided by three possessions, so I'm not going to be crapping my pants if the team has to face Boston and in the words of JD, I won't stop BELIEVING!!!! until the Magic are down 3-0, 3-1. . .

Not that I don't think the Magic's chances have gotten worse, but how do you figure their added frontline still? If I recall past Shaq match-ups with Cleveland, a lot of that was decided by foul trouble, and the difference between Shaq then and now is that the Celtics don't even need him in the game in order to win.

I have to admit that I would indeed crap my pants at +2 additional big men.

Side not: It didn't seem to matter in the Christmas game...

That's true, and it was only the third game with our new line up. If we can pick up another big, that would be great as long as all we give up are players who are not playing now. If not, we've got the best bench in the NBA, and that in itself could be enough to make it happen. I think Stan REALLY likes this team.

Realistically, the only way to shut down Dwight is to get him to the free throw line, which is exactly what Boston does/tries to do. If he were to improve his FT% to, say, 70% he'd be unstoppable.

• Upvote 1

Realistically, the only way to shut down Dwight is to get him to the free throw line, which is exactly what Boston does/tries to do. If he were to improve his FT% to, say, 70% he'd be unstoppable.

True, but Dwight has shot 64% from the line in the last 10 games, and if he could at least keep it at that, it would sure help.

Not that I don't think the Magic's chances have gotten worse, but how do you figure their added frontline still? If I recall past Shaq match-ups with Cleveland, a lot of that was decided by foul trouble, and the difference between Shaq then and now is that the Celtics don't even need him in the game in order to win.

I have to admit that I would indeed crap my pants at +2 additional big men.

I actually think that's it's great Boston stacked up on a bunch of offensive-challenged centers that can play Dwight one on one (to a certain extent) because all it'll really do is make them significantly slower and Shaq guarding the PnR will be a joy to watch.

The main concern here is that they get into Dwight's head and he goes into complain-mode and starts committing dumb fouls (like in the Charlotte series).

The best way to "guard" Dwight is by flopping and making him pick up a lot of offensive fouls (see: Charlotte series).

If Kenyon Martin is bought out and relatively healthy, would you take a chance on him?

Kenyon Martin is not a guy i'd want in my locker room. Besides the fact that he can't take a joke (I don't even want to think about what prank Arenas would pull on him) he hasn't been healthy at all the past few seasons. If he can't be healthy, and isn't a good locker room presence, what does he accomplish for us?

Kenyon Martin is not a guy i'd want in my locker room. Besides the fact that he can't take a joke (I don't even want to think about what prank Arenas would pull on him) he hasn't been healthy at all the past few seasons. If he can't be healthy, and isn't a good locker room presence, what does he accomplish for us?

Would close lining Lebron in the playoffs count? Cause we only need one good shot and we don't wanna waste anyone important. :headbang:

Murphy will not accompany the Nets on their current four-game road trip, USA Today reports.

Spin: Murphy isn't injured, which means a trade is likely imminent. This is unfortunate for patient Murphy owners, though, who are using (read: wasting) a roster spot on him while he waits for potential suitors.

I'm not implying anything, but you never know