NittanyBuc

Potential Bigs We Can Acquire? (Post-Trade Deadline Edition)

I didn't speculate on that - Sports Illustrated did - you know the section of the post you edited out...

anyhow...you think Chris Duhon, Malik Allen and Daniel Orton are going to net you more than a veteran big? really?

Larry Brown didn't use Diop because he is an offensive liability - all we need is a big solid defender that can defend big bulky or tall offensive bigs; and set picks and rebound on offense. Basically what Gortat did.

Not saying this is optimal, but I'd rather get someone like Diop or Battie than lose JJ or Q.

We are going to need Q's size and defense in the playoffs. JJ is a key cog to this team in making the transition to this new lineup smooth and both he an Q are important as solid rotational players/ safety net in case of injury. We don't have any players that can play bigger wings/SF beside JRich and Hedo - if one of those two go down then we better hope Earl Clarke can play 20-25 mpg consistently.

I wasn't aiming that towards you and yes, I am aware an SI writer composed it so don't get your panties all bunched up. And the only reason I "edited out" that part of the post was because I hit reply. Good lord, some of you get offended over crap that wasn't even meant to you

I wasn't aiming that towards you and yes, I am aware an SI writer composed it so don't get your panties all bunched up. And the only reason I "edited out" that part of the post was because I hit reply. Good lord, some of you get offended over crap that wasn't even meant to you

so does that mean you think Chris Duhon, Malik Allen and Daniel Orton are going to net you more than a veteran big?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lets just trade Reddick already!

The best thing about trading him would be that his name would be misspelled far less (since not many people would talk about him).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Many believe Otis is the new Isiah, lol.

I like Otis...and from what as a fan I can tell so do his players....plus he plays no silly pr games and he's not scared to make moves that lead to a championship...some call that risky but that type of success always comes with a calculated risk

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

so does that mean you think Chris Duhon, Malik Allen and Daniel Orton are going to net you more than a veteran big?

Realistically, no but to act as though Diop sets the bar for the other options is pretty ludicrous. Burning our 1st round pick really sapped any possible chance of bringing in someone of much value, but let's not act as though crazier trades have occured ie. Gasol to the Lakers. Perhaps Otis finds a depserate team interested, who knows?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Jason Thompson has the potential but hes a dodo bird. The IQ just hasn't gotten there yet. We need someone whos more proven.

Well for a dodo bird he seems to do well on the boards and he can even score.

Hasheem Thabeet is to Manute Bol what Darko Milicic circa 2005 was to Mark Eaton.

What I'm trying to say here, is that that is a horrible comparison, and one that openly insults the late, great Manute Bol.

Bol is known as a shotblocker, but he was actually a very good overall defender.

Thabeet is tall, and nothing else.

JJ isn't a good shooter, he's just white.

Dwight isn't a good shot blocker, he can just jump high.

• Upvote 1