NittanyBuc

Potential Bigs We Can Acquire? (Post-Trade Deadline Edition)

One team known to be looking for frontcourt help is the Orlando Magic, but would they be willing to surrender Jason Richardson's expiring deal in a package for power forward Diaw and center DeSagana Diop? Sports Illustrated

God no. . .

Might as well. He's a poor man's Manute Bol at this point

Hasheem Thabeet is to Manute Bol what Darko Milicic circa 2005 was to Mark Eaton.

What I'm trying to say here, is that that is a horrible comparison, and one that openly insults the late, great Manute Bol.

Bol is known as a shotblocker, but he was actually a very good overall defender.

Thabeet is tall, and nothing else.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I heard a rumor that we were going to trade Dwight for Andrew Bynum and filler.

Just a rumor.

And since we don't have to cite sources, I'm free to say that my rumor has the same validity as Riveras.

Don't be a jerk. These guys all nailed the Arenas and Suns stuff. Whether or not it's true, it's still fun to speculate.

He also brings up a good point that Orlando is going all in. Dallas doesn't like Haywoods contract, could use a defensive backup 1. Roddy has been behind schedule in rehab too.

Orlando takes on Haywoods deal and suffers the consequences. Wouldn't be the craziest thing we've done.

Haywood is a good player but very doubtful he is happy in a 10-15 mpg role and he has a terrible contract for 6yr/52M - thats alot for a back up - too much but if Devos is spending - its not like we weren't spending alot on Gortat.

..but it is very doubtful Dallas would do us any favors and they clearly have aspirations of facing LA, Boston or the Magic in the post season and he becomes important to them at that time so why would they give us that especially since we have no one they really want or need...

none of those guys strike me as a PF/C, which I think would be most helpful.

It doesn't make sense at all to pay so much money for strictly backup C. Might as well trade some of our guards and TPE for someone that can fill both spots.