NittanyBuc

Potential Bigs We Can Acquire? (Post-Trade Deadline Edition)

Haywood's Salary for this season and the next 5 yrs:

$6.9M

$7.7M

$8.3M

$9M

$9.7M

$10.5M - team option

I don't see Otis taking that on, AT ALL.

Haywood would be great. We'd have an amazing defensive rotation at the 5. But man...that contract. For a backup big.

It's not as bad as Varejao's.

I thought Haywood was unhappy about the backup role in Dallas....

It's not as bad as Varejao's.

I thought Haywood was unhappy about the backup role in Dallas....

its just as bad as Varejao's and he is unhappy about being a backup. We need someone that will know their role and accept it.

TPE and future pick for Thabeet.

its just as bad as Varejao's and he is unhappy about being a backup. We need someone that will know their role and accept it.

Might as well. He's a poor man's Manute Bol at this point

I would love a trade for thabeet, but do you really think he can get his act together this season? seems risky.

I would love a trade for thabeet, but do you really think he can get his act together this season? seems risky.

Most options at this point will be risky and it's not like the moves we just made aren't either. We'll see how good Otis is at gambling

Deleted my vote for Jeff Foster. Don't think Oti$ would give up pieces to get him, even though he'd be a good fit, produces off the bench, and is an expiring contract at the end of the season.

Has anyone who's voted for Anderson Varejao actually looked at his contract? It's ridiculous for a backup C. Now if we could swing JJ Hickson on the other hand...

The way I see it, if we go after a guy making $5-$7 mil a year or something high like that, he needs to be able to play the 4 and 5. If not, we might as well settle for Tony Battie.

The only trade chip we really have to use that would net us anything good is Redick, and if we trade him, we need to get something good in return. Like I said, we can't be stuck with a guy like Haywood only playing the 5 and making $10 mil at the end of his contract.

The departure of Brown could open the door for the Bobcats to dump more salary in advance of the next CBA. Gerald Wallace, Boris Diaw and Stephen Jackson all have multiple years on their contracts, which could make them difficult to move in this market. One team known to be looking for frontcourt help is the Orlando Magic, but would they be willing to surrender Jason Richardson's expiring deal in a package for power forward Diaw and center DeSagana Diop? Sports Illustrated

Hasheem Thabeet 4.7 + 5.1+ 6.4 +8.4 = 16.3 (last two years team option) Thabeet could be pretty good in the future at 7-3 260 he's got the size to defend the taller players ...but is Otis looking for a player who could potentially be good in a couple of years or someone who will help us this year vs Boston and LA...not sure Thabeet does that. He hasn't been able to earn much time on a terrible Memphis team in need of a back up big - very doubtful he is ready for KG and Shaq in the pressure of playoffs...I think as a future prospect in combination with a veteran big or another young legit rotation quality big then ok; but alone not now for this team we need someone who will come in play asap - no time for training wheels right now

Desagana Diop 28yr 7-0 300 terrible offensively but a big very good defender shot blocker (career defensive rating of 101 and this year 104) with a 3 yr 6/7/7 contract....don't love this but it is an option Orton/Duhon/Allen = Diop

Hollinger on Diop:

+ Big defensive center who can defend post, but nimble enough to help vs. guards.

+ Dreadful on offense -- no shooting range, hands or ball skills. Willing passer.

+ Horrific foul shooter (47.7 percent career). Solid rebounder.

Diop has his moments as a third center, but his offensive game has made him unplayable for any longer than a few possessions at a time. The Bobcats thought so little of him that he was inactive during the playoffs against Dwight Howard -- the one player he might have some use against.