NittanyBuc

Potential Bigs We Can Acquire? (Post-Trade Deadline Edition)

Anyone claiming they want a Thompson its not going to happen, the magic will get a cheap vet because Orton's just gonna back up Dwight in a year or two.

Orton might not even see the court in a Magic uniform

In an ESPN.com chat last week, John Hollinger predicts that the Portland Trail Blazers will move point guard Andre Miller in advance of this year's trade deadline... "it makes all kinds of sense to trade Miller + Przybilla and people here were talking about it before the season ... just with an eye toward a very different type of move than they'd be looking at right now. I don't see them rushing into anything, certainly Rich Cho isn't somebody prone to acting rashly ... but I do think Miller is certain to be gone by the deadline, and Przybilla at least 50-50. - Ben Golliver Blazers edge

Pryzbilla has had health issues past couple of years and ...unless a bigger package of players was involved he alone does not merit giving up JJ, Anderson or Q.

Why do you think the pacers had Jeff foster in at the end of last nights game and not a more athletic person?

John Hollinger (2:21 PM)I didn't see the game, but Foster is a stellar defensive player who is mobile enough to switch onto smaller players, so his presence in a last-second defensive situation strikes me as entirely reasonable.

Foster would be a 1 year rental - Indiana doesn't need Duhon (because they have N Collison, TJ Ford and AJ Price already) so there really is no feasible trade for him without it being talent lopsided with us losing

-- The rumors are true that teams are inquiring about the availability of Cavs center Anderson Varejao. He plays his butt off and is a talented big man. Not a lot of players around the league play as hard as he does. There's no plan right now to trade him unless the Cavs get blown away. Cleveland News Herald

A Verajao = R Anderson + JJ Redick + M Allen

Since Verajao can play both PF and C this is as decent an option as there is and Cleveland gets two good young players to build around.

JJ is a fantastic team player but with Arenas and Richardson (and Q) his minutes are going to be drastically cut. I would hate to see him go as he is also our insurance for next year at SG if we cant resign JRich.

Anderson is also good but vs big PF like Gasol or Garnett he has not done well and it is very doubtful he can match up with the Celtic frontline. As a center though he could be played differently in the way that Utah uses Okur to pull the bigs out of the paint. But why wouldn't SVG have tried that already?

Is that enough return for Cleveland? probably - and knowing that they would help Orlando beat Miami can't hurt either.

Hey LB, with the trade rumor of Jason Thompson running rampant, what team would you like to see him go to?

Luke Byrnes: There is an awful lot of chatter about the possibility of Jason Thompson being moved. He is becoming a solid NBA big man and could help a lot of teams (Detroit and Phoenix come to mind immediately). That being said, I don't want to see him go anywhere. Sacramento has an abundance of big men right now, but when Sam Dalembert's contract expires this summer, that won't be the case any more. The Kings should hold on to Thompson unless they get an offer they simply can't refuse. Quality big men are tough to come by.

Can't see Sacramento letting this guy go but they might covet JJ and that trade works straight up or if Ryan Anderson is added - not sure if that is worth it.

Verajao is a no in my book. I'd take the Batman over him, but that's why I'm not the GM.

I hate Verajao vs the Magic, but if he was on the Magic we would all love his tenacity and hustle - Matt Barnes supersized - not to mention that with him he starts in front of Bass giving us arguably the best defensive and rebounding PF/C combo in NBA - then you rotate Bass in and you lose nothing offensively from the frontline. To me this is a game changer type trade that makes all our other moves exponentially more potent because we match up with Boston and the Lakers very well and crush the Heat.

Nelson / Arenas / Duhon

J Rich / Arenas / Q

Hedo / J Rich / Q

Verajao / Bass

Howard / Verajao

That is a very tight playoff rotation