NittanyBuc

Potential Bigs We Can Acquire? (Post-Trade Deadline Edition)

Thabeet would be in the mold of any guy we could possibly trade our scraps for or sign off the streets. 6 fouls and maybe a few decent plays in a game. In time, maybe he turns into a decent big off the bench like BMP said.

Z-Bo's bulk and hard work will be enough on the defensive end, especially with the big fella in the middle.

• Upvote 1

ZBo's defense wouldn't be a dropoff from Bass', plus he's a better rebounder and when he's not in jumpshot happy mode, he's a pretty good scorer.

Thabeet would replace Duhon at cheerleading and maybe picking up very limited minutes. The difference between the two, however, is that Thabeet could eventually be shaped into a decent defensive big man off the bench. He'd be a project, no one would be expecting him to be a huge contributor (just like Duhon hasn't been a contributor in months).

How would it exactly be a bad trade if the Magic were able to replace Bass with a better player and still get a player with star potential?

Z-Bo is a better version of Bass and could potentially allow us to actually WIN a game if Dwight was ever in foul trouble by retaining somewhat of a low post threat.

Thabeet is a basically Gortat (when he first came to Orlando)...He'll need to be groomed but could no doubt provide so mop-up duty and who knows might actually be a decent player in the future.

Mayo provides us a potential star.....a guy that can score but he's undersized at the 2 and has character issues as he has for a long time. Seen him play several times in high school including the state championship his senior year.

If they don't plan on resigning ZBo, this is one of the best deals they can possibly get to make the playoffs now and in the future. However, I don't think we will get Mayo, Thabeet, and ZBo out of them... It would have to be JRich and Bass for Mayo and ZBo....If we wanted Thabeet, we'd have to add in a pick or perhaps Anderson or Clark...I just don't see how they'd give up on Thabeet without getting really anything for him other than Duhon... they'd at least want the possibility they could get something. With that said, if we could do that do without giving up Clark or Anderson, that would be a steal. We would have picked up another low post scorer with 20-10 type numbers (although it'd surely drop playing with Dwight), a future big man/defensive potential, and a potential star combo guard that could run the point in some lineups if you wanted him and JJ on the court at the same time or perhaps against Miami's NO PG lineup...

Thabeet would be in the mold of any guy we could possibly trade our scraps for or sign off the streets. 6 fouls and maybe a few decent plays in a game. In time, maybe he turns into a decent big off the bench like BMP said.

Z-Bo's bulk and hard work will be enough on the defensive end, especially with the big fella in the middle.

Thabeet is one of the worst basketball players I've ever seen. His sole skill is being taller than most gentlemen.

If you can get Thabeet for nothing, I'm fine with it.

It's sounding like Troy Murphy will get bought out though and there's a good chance we land him.

If you mean literally nothing, then yes.

If you mean literally nothing, then yes.

We do have a TPE. If Memphis really wants to dump him and nobody is offering them anything (which I doubt), it's possible they could just unload him on us. I would be okay giving up Duhon too, but Otis will probably want three PGs on the roster with Jameer and Arenas' injury history.

Thabeet is one of the worst basketball players I've ever seen. His sole skill is being taller than most gentlemen.

He really is bad. . . but if it meant at least attempting to give him a motor and make him work, being really, really tall on top of working hard could definitely work out in the favor of the Magic. I'd take the project of Thabeet over Orton any day of the week. The only way I see Otis not bothering is because of his salary. But at the same time, he could be an expiring in 2012.

What Bass has over ZBo in defending quicker players ZBo has over Bass defending the post and rebounding. Both are awful with rotations, almost a wash.

ZBo wouldn't be the main target anyways. The idea here is to be able to get a player with star potential and still replace Bass for a better player. Maybe by next year the Magic don't even need to make an offer for ZBo, having both Anderson and Clark grow and be able to man the PF position.

in 2012, I'd be much more confident re-signing Dwight if the team had OJ Mayo rather than Bass. Otis needs to do what Cleveland wasn't able to do, which is to stay in title contention and have a future for the franchise. If Bass, Clark, and Anderson are the only young prospects the Magic has by 2012, I'm not sure why he'd stay (unless the team managed to win a title).

Wheres you evidence of ZBo and defense in the post? Dude takes more vacations than Obama in the post.

I rather have an young, athletic, Bass whos striving to play defense then a vet who treats it as a disease his entire career.

I would be down to have Mayo on this team but hes not someone you break the bank for. Your riding on that "p" word and thats not a sure thing keeping Dwight in town. Championships is the ultimate thing to keeping him. Not young prospects. Proven commodities. Thats where Otis should be looking.

Thats an oxymoron. If your talking about his rebounding, I'll give you that. Other then that, speaking to ZBo about defense is like talking in tongues.

Wheres you evidence of ZBo and defense in the post? Dude takes more vacations than Obama in the post.

I rather have an young, athletic, Bass whos striving to play defense then a vet who treats it as a disease his entire career.

I would be down to have Mayo on this team but hes not someone you break the bank for. Your riding on that "p" word and thats not a sure thing keeping Dwight in town. Championships is the ultimate thing to keeping him. Not young prospects. Proven commodities. Thats where Otis should be looking.

if you said anything after this I am sorry to say that I skipped it.

WORST...JOKE.......................TODAY.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Z-Bo is a better version of Bass and could potentially allow us to actually WIN a game if Dwight was ever in foul trouble by retaining somewhat of a low post threat.

Thabeet is a basically Gortat (when he first came to Orlando)...He'll need to be groomed but could no doubt provide so mop-up duty and who knows might actually be a decent player in the future.

Mayo provides us a potential star.....a guy that can score but he's undersized at the 2 and has character issues as he has for a long time. Seen him play several times in high school including the state championship his senior year.

If they don't plan on resigning ZBo, this is one of the best deals they can possibly get to make the playoffs now and in the future. However, I don't think we will get Mayo, Thabeet, and ZBo out of them... It would have to be JRich and Bass for Mayo and ZBo....If we wanted Thabeet, we'd have to add in a pick or perhaps Anderson or Clark...I just don't see how they'd give up on Thabeet without getting really anything for him other than Duhon... they'd at least want the possibility they could get something. With that said, if we could do that do without giving up Clark or Anderson, that would be a steal. We would have picked up another low post scorer with 20-10 type numbers (although it'd surely drop playing with Dwight), a future big man/defensive potential, and a potential star combo guard that could run the point in some lineups if you wanted him and JJ on the court at the same time or perhaps against Miami's NO PG lineup...

The problem is your thinking that ZBo will come here and duplicate the same game hes been having in Memphis. If Dwight goes into foul trouble, we're screwed either way. Dwight is our best chance to win a ring so thats a moot point.

Gortat played a little overseas. Nothing like Thabeet.

I'd be ok with Mayo and Thabeet for like Jrich and a pick but I wouldn't break the bank for them and definitely not for ZBo regardless of his stats. What team has he played for ever won anything?