NittanyBuc

Potential Bigs We Can Acquire? (Post-Trade Deadline Edition)

Dude, I'm done beating this mangled horse. My points have been clearly layed out on the table, for some reason you just seem to ignore them or don't want to acknowledge that they ARE there.....clear as day.

no they aren't. You're sidestepping the question because even you don't know what your points are or you realized a long time ago you were wrong but decided to keep making points no matter how they related to your initial argument because you don't want to admit you are wrong.

• Upvote 1

no they aren't. You're sidestepping the question because even you don't know what your points are or you realized a long time ago you were wrong but decided to keep making points no matter how they related to your initial argument because you don't want to admit you are wrong.

That must be it...

I want you to show me where I ONCE said any of the below that is highlighted.....

I'll wait.

His argument is that we got robbed in the phoenix trade because gortat is awesome and we should have traded for better players. Jrich sucks because anyone can average 19 ppg on phoenix and carter is terrible for not. yet we're supposed to take these ' terrible' players a and get a better deal. Also, we got robbed in the trade if we don't win a championship because we were a lock for w winning a championship with gortat.

Yet, I'm the one that "doesn't even know what my points are". It's as obvious as bias Celtic officiating that you have some sort of agenda to fill.

Here's your entire history in this thread:

You agree with notorious S.A.C's hyperbole where he said Gortat is a top 5 young center in the nba he's not as Dwight, Brook Lopez, Roy Hibbert, Marc Gasol, DeMarcus Cousins, Serge Ibaka, Andrew Bogut, Andrew Bynum, Joakim Noah, DeAndre Jordan, Javale McGee, and Darko are all younger than gortat. JRich costs us a lot of money Who cares, we aren't paying and his one year deal doesn't screw with our ability to get under the lux tax. Not S.A.C acts like we're paying the lux tax with his inheritance. We dont have a backup bigman We can still add one. Playoff rosters weren't set the other day. Earl Clark Jacks up shots he doesn't. Most of his play has been in garbage time in blowouts. He's attempted 49 fg's with the magic and 31 of those shots were in games decided by 15 points or more. We should have kept Gortat for big games in the playoffs Gortat usually played 10 minutes or less in important playoff games.. Almost everything written there is wrong.

you said

"Because upgrading over Vince would have been more difficult...."

Upgrading a backup C position that only plays 10 minutes a game is a lot easier than upgrading our SG position. Still, the Magic managed to get a better player than vince in the deal.

"He [Gortat] should've been able to net us something a little better than what we got for the price we paid."

Who? Who were we going to get that is better? Where is the better offer that we turned down? Who was going to give us something better than a 19ppg scorer, a player on a bad contract but knows his role in our system, and a young prospect? We needed to convince them to take Vince from us. Gortat was a 4/4 player. We didn't trade anyone Andrew Bynum!

"I wasn't aware we traded Gortat for J-Rich straight up. "

You argue we should have gotten something better for gortat. J Rich was the best piece. Those were the principle parts of the deal on both sides.

"Last time I checked, we not only gave away Gortat, but Vince, Pietrus, a 1st, and cash as well. All that and all we end up with essentially was J-Rich and Earl Clark??? Turk could have been had for a bag of chips.

With the assets we HAD, there's no reason why a deal for AI, Kevin Martin, Danny Granger (just off the top of my head) couldn't have been made. Seems like Otis went shopping at the grocery store on an empty stomach."

The First round pick means nothing in this draft. There's not one player in the 20's that I'd give a guaranteed contract to that we couldn't get in the second round. We gave the cash to help pay off Vince's last year. We got the best player in the deal (JRich). Hedo has some value.

Why would Philly Trade AI for Gortat? they have Hawes. Even if you argue that Hawes is better than Gortat why would Philly trade AI for a salary dump (Carter) and a guy who's only marginally better than a current player on the roster? Why would Houston blow up their team to get Gortat (a 4/4 player who's never been a starter before)? Why would Indiana trade their best player and a guy who's in the top 10 in scoring when they have Roy Hibbert at C? Do you just expect gifts?

"I simply put names out there off the top of my head in response to the previous poster. I have no source, I'm not part of the Orlando Magic front office nor do I have insider info. Are you? Do you? Since you're SO sure we tried to obtain certain guys but couldn't......and then backed that up by saying they were rumors. LOL"

Empty words that essentially say "I don't need to back up my opinion with anything, I'll just blab on and on and expect you to respect what I have to say"

"The point is, we gave WAY too much value for what we received in return.

Like I said, Pheonix would have paid us to take Hedo back....so that point is null. Essentially we gave them what we did for a young prospect (woohoo) and J-Rich, who last averaged 20 points a game 4 years ago! Who also happens to be 30 years old and is not getting any more dynamic than what he WAS when playing for GS and CHA. Energetic and athletic? Yes, but the guy is past his prime and is very much limited in what he brings to the table as far as skill-set. Sound familiar?"

We gave up an inconsistent Vet who shrank in every big game he ever played in with us, a role player who could hit big shots for us in the playoffs, and a guy who was rotting on our bench in a position that was never going to give him daylight. We received a more consistent vet who has a good recent playoff history, a role player who could hit big shots for us in the playoffs, and a guy who might improve while he's on the bench for us at a position that might actually result in some playtime. I think we won that trade

"Of course changes needed to be made. Rashard and Vince were just painful to watch out there, but Otis DID panic when making THIS particular deal. We got robbed.....again. Surprise!"

as highlighted above, you expected us to get some sort of handout deal from a team. You do recognize the need for change though

Did you really not see my previous post or was it that you just chose not to acknowledge it?

empty posturing

You say that like there's some sort of shortage of bad contracts in the NBA?!

Seriously? I could average 20 points playing with the likes of Steve Nash.

exaggeration that gets proven wrong in a few posts

I'n not even going to get into a discussion on Vince because frankly, everyone knows he's trash now. Pietrus is getting even less playing time in PHO than he was here at 19 mpg! Really?

If "anyone" can average 20 points per game with nash then "Carter is trash" and Pietrus isn't getting any burn (they aren't winning any games so he's not getting burn for a reason). If these guys are "trash" than how can we expect to get a better deal for them?

Hedo has been beneficial to the Magic strictly offensively. While Pietrus was greatly beneficial on the defensive end (particulary on the perimeter). Which reminds me....what's that thing we've been lacking greatly as of late again? So to say outright that Hedo has been "much more beneficial" than Pietrus is not only wrong but completely asinine.

Gortat didn't have much value.......HERE, like you said. That doesn't mean he's still not a very valuable player. There are at least 20 teams out there that could really benefit from Gortat's services.

Pietrus wasn't playing decent minutes for us. Hedo can be a 30 minutes per game type of guy. Pietrus isn't going to stop lebron/wade/pierce/kobe any better than hedo at this point. If you have Two ice cream cones and you can only finish one. You know that if you don't make a deal to get rid of the other ice cream cone than its going to melt and be worthless (gortat sitting on the bench for another year). Is a smart business man going to give you full price for that ice cream cone? or is he going to get him at a reduced price? Other teams aren't going to give us their star players for a unknown backup. Even if we point out that Gortat could be a double double guy they aren't going to throw players at us just to be nice. It's likely that Otis got the best deal on the table for gortat.

I never said I want a SG who averages 19ppg.....do we even NEED one?

Courtney Lee averaged 8 ppg when we went to Finals...

we don't need a scoring sg but we need a scoring wing. every team that wins needs someone to score on the outside.

View PostHibachi4thewin, on 04 February 2011 - 08:30 PM, said:

with carter and lewis playing with no energy, yes. we needed as sg/sf that could score

Well we have that now....

empty post that states nothing

Umm, how's that working out? If this team wins a championship then great....I was wrong and I'll eat my crow, but I'm sorry I just don't see that happening with this group.

If the team wins a championship then we didn't get robbed in the trade. That doesn't make sense. If we improved then we didn't get robbed in the trade. If we lose in the finals or play a tough contested series in the ECF then we can consider that better than last year. With the way carter and lewis looked early on I doubt we would have made it out of the second round.

Really? So that's the goal to reach the ECF and not win a championship???

Wow.

missing the point. confusing goals with improvement. It's like saying your goal is to provide for your family and you trade your $1 bill for my $5 bill. You still can't provide for your family so the increase of $4 must be a bad deal.

I never said Gortat was a missing piece or a really great player. Not once. I'm saying he was a more valuable asset along with everything else we gave up for what we got in return. It wasn't a good deal....ESPECIALLY if J-Rich not being here next year is not compensated.

If Gortat isn't a great player, Vince is "trash", and Pietrus wasn't playing for us/phoenix How would we get a better deal???

You're making my EXACT point FOR me, yet trying to passive aggressively make me look like I don't know what I'm talking about. You yourself admitted to not having talent other teams have. Why is that? Who's fault is that? That's the EXACT point I'm making about the whole Gortat/trade issue.

We have one of if not the highest payroll in the NBA, yet we don't have as much talent as other teams or even another legit superstar to be paired with Dwight. LOL

That point is that a magical trade was going to happen where indiana gives us their best player for a worse center than they already have and a player who is "trash". Getting superstars isn't like getting 50% discounts at dept stores. You can't spend a lot and expect an elite player just to be there. We spend to get multiple good role players because no stars are available.

Then you got frustrated and refused to defend any points.

"I want you to show me where I ONCE said any of the below that is highlighted....."

Gortat is awesome " The assets (Gortat, "trash" Carter, and Pietrus) should have gotten us AI, Kevin Martin, Danny Granger" If Carter is "trash" and Pietrus cant get off the bench in orl and phoenix then gortat must be awesome to get us a legit 2nd option

because we were a lock for w winning a championship with gortat.

Well you said we got robbed in the trade. No better offer was there. "If this team wins a championship then great....I was wrong and I'll eat my crow, but I'm sorry I just don't see that happening with this group." As if we ruined our chances at getting to the finals by trading Gortat.

So really, your point is we should have made an imaginary trade for a top 20 player that nobody offered us and was never rumored.

• Upvote 3

LOL! You think because you made a large post, that you've actually said something or made some kind of case for yourself?!

AGAIN for the umteenth time...

I want you to show me where I ONCE said any of the below that is highlighted.....

I'll wait.

His argument is that we got robbed in the phoenix trade because gortat is awesome and we should have traded for better players. Jrich sucks because anyone can average 19 ppg on phoenix and carter is terrible for not. yet we're supposed to take these ' terrible' players a and get a better deal. Also, we got robbed in the trade if we don't win a championship because we were a lock for w winning a championship with gortat.

Yet, I'm the one that "doesn't even know what my points are". It's as obvious as bias Celtic officiating that you have some sort of agenda to fill. You're making yourself look really foolish at this point.....stop digging.

• Downvote 2

Magic and Nuggets have agreed to a deal in principle which will send Chris Andersen and Renaldo Balkman to Orlando in exchange for veteran journeymen Quentin Richardson along with a large portion of the trade exception generated by the December trade with Phoenix. Details are still forthcoming, however it is also believed that Daniel Orton and Sheldon Williams may be involved.

Saw this on rotowire...don't know how legit it is.

Saw this on rotowire...don't know how legit it is.

That's a pretty decent trade, even though Birdman has only played like 2-3 games since coming back from injury. Balkman is meh and Sheldon Williams is curious. I guess we're going top heavy for Boston?

rotowire is legit...depending on who's reporting.

That's a pretty decent trade, even though Birdman has only played like 2-3 games since coming back from injury. Balkman is meh and Sheldon Williams is curious. I guess we're going top heavy for Boston?

rotowire is legit...depending on who's reporting.

Balkman is a pretty good defender/hustle guy. Someone you want on your bench but not necessarily in your rotation.

Ok so how come no on provides links?

I saw this on rotowire "nene and Jr smith to orlando for Q rich, Daniel orton and blah blah... no link no proof

rotowire is a paysite. doesn't make sense to link it.

I hope (it is roto) that this rumor is complete bs. I would hate to have Anderson's 4mil + contract for another 3 years. The only good thing about that trade would be getting rid of Q.

Otis's signings this summer have been terrible, what I would give to rid us of Q + Duhon