NittanyBuc

Potential Bigs We Can Acquire? (Post-Trade Deadline Edition)

I think we could get 2 decent bigs for JJ. But I would love to somehow get Jason Maxiell from Detroit.

Maxiell is 6'7. He can't play center

I think he's a solid PF. If we put him at center, it is like having Bass at center and without a mid-range threat.

Sheldon Williams >>> Bass at Center. It's going to be interesting to see how we proceed until we get a legitimate #2 center.

Chuck Hayes is 6'5.5" - how does he play center?

And look at the success of Houston and how do you think he'd fair against Pau Gasol, Kendrick Perkins, or Andrew Bynum?

Chuck Hayes is 6'5.5" - how does he play center?

He's an excellent post defender and just tries really damn hard. . . he's also 6'7, unless he plays without any shoes. With that being said, he's still not a viable option for any contending team (at center, of course. . . he's supposed to be a PF but was given that task because of Yao).

Besides the Lakers' Bynum and Gasol there isn't a team that has a center we should be afraid of. Boston has Perkins and the O'neals. Perkins is a great defender and that's about it. The O'neals are both old and have little offense. The Heat don't have anyone but Z. While he's tall and will be able to shot above a 6'8 PF/C, you know he won't dare take a lot of shots playing with the 3 bitc*es.

If we are able to get a good 6'8 PF/C for cheap, I would expect Otis to pull the trigger.

Besides the Lakers' Bynum and Gasol there isn't a team that has a center we should be afraid of. Boston has Perkins and the O'neals. Perkins is a great defender and that's about it. The O'neals are both old and have little offense. The Heat don't have anyone but Z. While he's tall and will be able to shot above a 6'8 PF/C, you know he won't dare take a lot of shots playing with the 3 bitc*es.

If we are able to get a good 6'8 PF/C for cheap, I would expect Otis to pull the trigger.

So are we to settle for the Conference Semi Finals?