NittanyBuc

Potential Bigs We Can Acquire? (Post-Trade Deadline Edition)

Fran Vazquez?

What about the other trade I proposed. You like that one......right?

BTW, the guy above me called you fat.

I can't tell you what he was talking about because this forum is Rated: G. :creaturedance:

I could make the same argument that we dont need to pay JJ all that $$ to sit on the bench and since JRich came in his minutes have dwindled... Otis gave away one of the best bargain centers and best trade chip in the league for a guy we wont resign this off season. It was a horrific long term move made out of short term desperation and just flat out stupidity.

I could make the same argument that we dont need to pay JJ all that $ to sit on the bench and since JRich came in his minutes have dwindled... Otis gave away one of the best bargain centers and best trade chip in the league for a guy we wont resign this off season. It was a horrific long term move made out of short term desperation and just flat out stupidity.

JJ isn't worth all that money, but his role with the team is MUCH bigger than Gortat's. Really, the amount Gortat was getting paid for the amount of minutes he was playing didn't match one bit, and with Dwight Howard essentially saying if the team doesn't win a championship he's leaving, there was no reason to continue to hang on to Gortat.

Also, best trade chip in the league? Really? Gortat isn't that good. I'm glad he's doing well but stop acting like he's a top 10 center.

JJ isn't worth all that money, but his role with the team is MUCH bigger than Gortat's. Really, the amount Gortat was getting paid for the amount of minutes he was playing didn't match one bit, and with Dwight Howard essentially saying if the team doesn't win a championship he's leaving, there was no reason to continue to hang on to Gortat.

Also, best trade chip in the league? Really? Gortat isn't that good. I'm glad he's doing well but stop acting like he's a top 10 center.

THIS GUY...

I could make the same argument that we dont need to pay JJ all that $$ to sit on the bench and since JRich came in his minutes have dwindled... Otis gave away one of the best bargain centers and best trade chip in the league for a guy we wont resign this off season. It was a horrific long term move made out of short term desperation and just flat out stupidity.

If we let J Rich walk for nothing then that would be one thing, since that hasn't happened yet I'm going to assume he either ends up being resigned or moved.

His minutes have dwindled all the way up to 27:48 per game in January. He was at 21:48 in november.

If we let J Rich walk for nothing then that would be one thing, since that hasn't happened yet I'm going to assume he either ends up being resigned or moved.

especially considering we have his bird rights.

Why? Because you guys say so? Where is this fantasy land that you guys live in? Why would Indy trade Granger for Gortat when they have and are happy with Hibbert? Word is that Indy would only part with Granger for 2 good young starters, is Vince young? The rumor were that we tried to get Kevin Martin and Houston refused our offers so where are you getting that? Who is your source on AI? Rumor going around now is that we are making attempts at Carmelo and have made attempts for Chris Paul, don't you think that Otis is trying to acquire players and maybe the other teams are oh I don't know not agreeing to the trade??

You flat out backed up your sentiments with straight rumors and yet question my opinion? Funny...

I simply put names out there off the top of my head in response to the previous poster. I have no source, I'm not part of the Orlando Magic front office nor do I have insider info. Are you? Do you? Since you're SO sure we tried to obtain certain guys but couldn't......and then backed that up by saying they were rumors. LOL

We gave up a good backup center, a guy with the basketball IQ of a potatoe, and a guy that has near death experiences when he stubs his toe. We got a 20pt game scorer who was younger, a young prospect, and a guy that can handle the ball and shoot. If you want to argue about the pick, sure I would have prefered to not give that up but was that the deal that was on the table? I don't know and niether do ANY of you. Fact is this team was going no where fast and needed to upgrade at the 2-3, this may be a shock but you have to give up something of value to get something.

The point is, we gave WAY too much value for what we received in return.

Like I said, Pheonix would have paid us to take Hedo back....so that point is null. Essentially we gave them what we did for a young prospect (woohoo) and J-Rich, who last averaged 20 points a game 4 years ago! Who also happens to be 30 years old and is not getting any more dynamic than what he WAS when playing for GS and CHA. Energetic and athletic? Yes, but the guy is past his prime and is very much limited in what he brings to the table as far as skill-set. Sound familiar?

• Upvote 1

Of course changes needed to be made. Rashard and Vince were just painful to watch out there, but Otis DID panic when making THIS particular deal. We got robbed.....again. Surprise!

Of course changes needed to be made. Rashard and Vince were just painful to watch out there, but Otis DID panic when making THIS particular deal. We got robbed.....again. Surprise!

Explain how we got robbed please. Then explain what other deal, what more attractive deal was/is available. You are obviously in the know so please share with us your vast insider knowledge.

Explain how we got robbed please. Then explain what other deal, what more attractive deal was/is available. You are obviously in the know so please share with us your vast insider knowledge.

Did you really not see my previous post or was it that you just chose not to acknowledge it?