NittanyBuc

Potential Bigs We Can Acquire? (Post-Trade Deadline Edition)

Perkins can check Dwight.

one on one, fair play with no double teaming.... No way.

The only reason why Perkins has been successful guarding Dwight, is that they frustrate Dwight all game long by hacking the h e ll out of him... getting into his head... fouling non-stop aka "being physical".... Add in the gremlin Rondo who is also an annoyance....

Put Perkins on Dwight, straight up, calling all fouls..... Perkins wouldnt last 10min before fouling out.

Man, Dwight better start some P90X to get into the best shape of his life to go against those Boston bigs. they have 36 fouls to throw at him.

Bass, Ryan, and Clark better be ready cause they will be NEEDED.

Can we just get Tony 'Batman' Battie back and call it a day?

he would help give Dwight a breather. I can't wait to battle them.

The only reason why Perkins has been successful guarding Dwight, is that they frustrate Dwight all game long by hacking the h e ll out of him... getting into his head... fouling non-stop aka "being physical".... Add in the gremlin Rondo who is also an annoyance....

Put Perkins on Dwight, straight up, calling all fouls..... Perkins wouldnt last 10min before fouling out.

I don't buy it, sorry. I've watched the games, I'm not going to go all hypothetical because "calling all fouls" would probably lead to Dwight also fouling out in 10 minutes. I don't know about all this non one on one stuff, Perk plays Dwight pretty well one on one and his ability to frustrate Dwight is his one of his best assets, and that counts as defense imo. Perk is the best Dwight defender I have seen and he uses his head rather well in countering him.

Dwight still went for like 20+ a couple of games even against Perk, but his problem comes in the fact that the Celtics don't really have to double Howard which is better than what most centers today can say.

I don't see any evidence to suggest that this won't continue in this year's playoffs. The Celtics are allowed to play more physically that other teams for some reason.

I don't buy it, sorry. I've watched the games, I'm not going to go all hypothetical because "calling all fouls" would probably lead to Dwight also fouling out in 10 minutes. I don't know about all this non one on one stuff, Perk plays Dwight pretty well one on one and his ability to frustrate Dwight is his one of his best assets, and that counts as defense imo. Perk is the best Dwight defender I have seen and he uses his head rather well in countering him.

Rasheed Wallace back when the Pistons owned us was the best at defending Dwight.. Perkins is the best active at it in the league by far, assuming he comes back from his ACL smoothly.. What we really need from Dwight, because he does get foul calls eventually against Boston (though it takes a bunch of punishment), is for him to not let the Celtics and refs in his head and step up and knock down free throws. Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like Dwight's free throw percentage against Boston is abysmal, even for him

They're really good at being physical without fouling. You can thank Tom Thibodeau for that.

They are smart about it and a lot of that should be credited to Thibodeau. I really think though that it's more about mindset than it is coaching. If a team decides as a whole that they are going to play very physically all game, every game, eventually the refs get tired of calling fouls and the team will start to get away with stuff...particuarly in the 4th quarter when refs have a tendicity to swallow their whistles anyway.

They are smart about it and a lot of that should be credited to Thibodeau. I really think though that it's more about mindset than it is coaching. If a team decides as a whole that they are going to play very physically all game, every game, eventually the refs get tired of calling fouls and the team will start to get away with stuff...particuarly in the 4th quarter when refs have a tendicity to swallow their whistles anyway.

I look at this like the Bulls and Pistons battles back in the day with Isiah and Jordan.....

The Pistons had the Bull's number, Jordan despised them after a while (constant losing).... Finally the Bulls fielded a team that was good enough o win. Key point "TEAM"

As far as the Celtics are concerned, they are our Pistons (again).... except they do get away with alot of fouls.... because they are defined as being physical.... I remember a close game where some inbounded the ball to Hedo.... but Hedo couldnt get to it, because Pierce had a handful of Jersey.... was it a foul? yes..... did it get called? No.... and we lost the close game.

Perkins cannot take Dwight one on one with no help.... and no help meaning no one running behind Dwight reaching in... no extra bumps by KG... and all that trash. Which are the tactics they employ each and every time we see them.

I dont credit Thibodeau..... I credit the NBA for allowing it to happen for some teams (Flag ship products: Lakers-Boston), while cracking down on others.

We will need a big because of the things i mentioned above.... because Dwight will be in foul trouble and get Tech's, while Boston is allowed to do whatever.

Either way, I think the team we have has a good chance of clearing this (hopefully adding a big for depth).

stephenasmith Stephen A Smith

Please don't go quoting about Rasheed Wallace return. All I said on DP's Show is that he said months ago he planned on coming out of

stephenasmith Stephen A Smith

Retirement to help the C's take on the Lakers. That doesn't mean he will. I haven't spoken to him in months. Who knows how he feels now.