Captain Hi-Top

Do Magic's Big Deals Improve Their Team?

Haters gonna hate... this team has always been doubted... just add to the list.

This is hilarious coming from you because I'm almost 100% sure you were doubting the roster from 24 hours ago just as others are doubting this new team.

This is hilarious coming from you because I'm almost 100% sure you were doubting the roster from 24 hours ago just as others are doubting this new team.

Wow,, I was wrong for doubting that roster??? Otis agreed with me.

Wow,, I was wrong for doubting that roster??? Otis agreed with me.

Haters gonna hate... this team has always been doubted... just add to the list.

Offensively I think so. But the main problem was the slip in defense right? If the answer is to mask it with more points or fga then it's not going to end well.

Also will need to see how this makes them surpass Boston.

haha... iI see what you did there... but only problem... not talking about those "good" teams that were doubted... twisting my words BMP. This years team deserved to be doubted and blown up.

You love attacking me man... E.L.E.

Why? Because of a tough stretch of games? So did last year's team deserve to be doubted too?? They had a stretch of games where they went 9-8 (with a four game losing streak). What about the year the Magic went to the Finals? That team had a stretch of games where they went 4-5 and also a stretch where they went 9-8. How come those teams were so much better??

I can understand if a trade was made because of chemistry issues and players tuning out the coach and causing problems, but let's not sit here and pretend that a team that had won 6 games in a row but fell short due to injury and lack of defensive effort for a short stretch deserved to be blown up. The Magic are 5-5 in their last 10 games and that stretch is nowhere as bad as the one the team had in January last year or again the year before.

Offensively I think so. But the main problem was the slip in defense right? If the answer is to mask it with more points or fga then it's not going to end well.

Meh, this team's personnel isn't much worse than the personnel when we were the number 1 defense. It looks like all effort (or lack of) right now. I mean, losing Pietrus isn't great, but J-Rich is a better defender than Carter and Clark is a decent defender. Plus I can't tell you how many times I've found myself screaming at Pietrus for jumping on a pump fake.

Name change on the horizon?

Meh, this team's personnel isn't much worse than the personnel when we were the number 1 defense. It looks like all effort (or lack of) right now. I mean, losing Pietrus isn't great, but J-Rich is a better defender than Carter and Clark is a decent defender. Plus I can't tell you how many times I've found myself screaming at Pietrus for jumping on a pump fake.

I'm gonna go ahead and say that Clee and Peaches >>>>>> Carter and Redick and >>>>>>>>>>>> Arenas and JRich

in terms of defense

Name change on the horizon?

Looks like the curse of your name strikes again.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Why? Because of a tough stretch of games? So did last year's team deserve to be doubted too?? They had a stretch of games where they went 9-8 (with a four game losing streak). What about the year the Magic went to the Finals? That team had a stretch of games where they went 4-5 and also a stretch where they went 9-8. How come those teams were so much better??

I can understand if a trade was made because of chemistry issues and players tuning out the coach and causing problems, but let's not sit here and pretend that a team that had won 6 games in a row but fell short due to injury and lack of defensive effort for a short stretch deserved to be blown up. The Magic are 5-5 in their last 10 games and that stretch is nowhere as bad as the one the team had in January last year or again the year before.

I honestly think that was what was happening. Seemed like Dwight wasn't too pleased with Carter and MP. I read somewhere that the team was losing trust in each other. However, I wouldn't have minded us waiting until at least January to blow it up, but I see why Otis did this.