Jareth Cutestory

DONE DEAL. MAGIC TRADE GORTAT/VINCE/PEACHES/1ST FOR J-RICH/HEDO/EARL CLARK

5 assets for 1 and took Hedo off their hands. Have to agree. Even if Otiz wanted Hedo back, he didn't have to pay to do them the favor. Pheonix didn't pick up 3rd year option on Clark, so it's hard not to see him as a lose/lose situation. He shows promise, he'll get a payday, and be out, he doesn't, he's just a trade filler.

I don't want to make critical statements based on trade rumors, but if there's any truth to the rumors Otiz wasn't willing to take Okafor or Brand to acquire CP3 or Iggy, but wound up taking Hedo to acquire J-Rich while pawning off a litany of assets, that would be head scratching...

Couldn't of agreed more.

5 assets for 1 and took Hedo off their hands. Have to agree. Even if Otiz wanted Hedo back, he didn't have to pay to do them the favor. Pheonix didn't pick up 3rd year option on Clark, so it's hard not to see him as a lose/lose situation. He shows promise, he'll get a payday, and be out, he doesn't, he's just a trade filler.

I don't want to make critical statements based on trade rumors, but if there's any truth to the rumors Otiz wasn't willing to take Okafor or Brand to acquire CP3 or Iggy, but wound up taking Hedo to acquire J-Rich while pawning off a litany of assets, that would be head scratching...

but... WE MADE A TRADE... WOO HOOO

:svgsad:

That emote should be "Stanwhenwedontplaydefense" not "svgsad"

Yes, on paper we've improved the roster big time. Just can't understand why we didn't get a big man in return..Even if it would have been Armstrong from the Wizards trade

don't agree with you on the line up thou.

line up will be:

Nelson

J-Rich

Turk

Bass

Dwight

only reason Turk was brought back was to help Dwight and Nelson. No way he plays with the bench.

Arena's will come off the bench and will have the ball in his hands to create and score as much as he can with JJ,Q,RA, and whoever at center

I just don't see how a player of Arena's caliber can come off of the bench. The guy is a 40mpg type player. He is an explosive scorer, decent distributor and can completely control a game on his own. To say he's a second unit player is crazy.

Hedo is good, and will be very helpful in pick and roll situations, but Hedo is not the Hedo we remember. He is a 25 mpg type player that will fit certain situations really well.

Maybe the team sucks it up and does the Nelson/Arenas/Richardson/Hedo/Dwight...there is just no meat to that lineup. There is decent height, but no muscle. It also buries one of Bass or Anderson. Which I don't like. Too many offensive weapons not enough lineup space. I just don't see Jameer on the bench nor do I see Arenas. He is just too good.

I just don't see how a player of Arena's caliber can come off of the bench. The guy is a 40mpg type player. He is an explosive scorer, decent distributor and can completely control a game on his own. To say he's a second unit player is crazy.

Hedo is good, and will be very helpful in pick and roll situations, but Hedo is not the Hedo we remember. He is a 25 mpg type player that will fit certain situations really well.

Maybe the team sucks it up and does the Nelson/Arenas/Richardson/Hedo/Dwight...there is just no meat to that lineup. There is decent height, but no muscle. It also buries one of Bass or Anderson. Which I don't like. Too many offensive weapons not enough lineup space. I just don't see Jameer on the bench nor do I see Arenas. He is just too good.

I agree with you about Arena's, but not with Nelson at the point. They both need the ball to be effective. They will play at times together, but don't think that would be our starting back court.

I agree with you about Arena's, but not with Nelson at the point. They both need the ball to be effective. They will play at times together, but don't think that would be our starting back court.

Yeah, I love the players this team has now, but it once again puts stan in a pickle. Someone is not going to be happy...

Yeah, I love the players this team has now, but it once again puts stan in a pickle. Someone is not going to be happy...

I think his name will be Duhon. He seems to be the biggest loser out of this. JJ's role will be interesting as well

You people just don't get it do you?

Do you think Otis didn't go to Dwight with this move? Do you think Dwight didn't want a move? Do you think the SAME team was going to have different results while the other top teams in the league improved?

**** and wait for this to translate onto the court. If it fails, it fails. But until then, deal with it, and learn to find something good about it. We improved offensively. It's up to the entire team to improve defensively now. And that can happen when you have the DPOY in the middle.

To top it off, we are 99.9% sure to make 1 more move to shore up the 5 spot.

Trust me. If this whole thing blows up you can all shout from the rooftops " I told you so" and "Fire Otis". I'll join you. Until then, let's try to show some damn support for this squad and the moves it made. It's not like we acquired Eddy Curry and Michael Redd here.

• Upvote 1

Do you think Otis didn't go to Dwight with this move? Do you think Dwight didn't want a move? Do you think the SAME team was going to have different results while the other top teams in the league improved?

**** and wait for this to translate onto the court. If it fails, it fails. But until then, deal with it, and learn to find something good about it. We improved offensively. It's up to the entire team to improve defensively now. And that can happen when you have the DPOY in the middle.

Trust me. If this whole thing blows up you can all shout from the rooftops " I told you so" and "Fire Otis". I'll join you. Until then, let's try to show some damn support for this squad and the moves it made. It's not like we acquired Eddy Curry and Michael Redd here.

When this team plays, I support them, completely. I'm not going to Junkie them and ***** about players I don't like non stop like a little girl. They have my support. That doesn't mean I have to be excited about this move, especially bringing in Arenas. If I'm wrong, fantastic. Like I said, game time, and when the team starts playing together, I'm rooting them on, but this is a discussion of the trade, not a pep rally.

Arenas is going to be this team's poor version of Manu. He'll also be getting minutes from both PG and SG positions so he'll definitely be looking at over 30 minutes a game

What I think the guard rotation will be:

Nelson/Arenas/Duhon

JRich/Arenas/JJ

JRich leaves at 6ish and Arenas comes in (1st quarter)

Nelson comes out at around the 3 min mark for JJ, Arenas at PG

Nelson/Jrich back at around 6 in the 2nd quarter for Arenas/JJ

Similar for the 2nd half, although it's possible to ride player's hot hands or bench if they're not doing well in the 4th, so it could look different depending on games.

This should give Nelson and Arenas over 30 minutes a game, JRich around 25-30, and JJ around 20.

Duhon will probably only see the floor for defensive purposes

Now it'd be great to see the Magic swing another deal for a PF/C a-la Camby.

,,,ehhhh.... I am still within 24hrs... so its okay to be mad...

Ofcourse most of us will suck it up (like we always have).... and continue to root for who ever is going to wear the Magic blue.

So let people vent....

No doubt Dwight signed off on this. but from a fans perspective i guess what i'm a bit disappointed about is that at the start of the year we all talked about what major assets we had to trade with , and in the end i feel a bit let down that we got J-Rich and Hedo, when we all hyped up the possibility of Paul, Melo, Iggy etc...

But i still believe that we are going to be better than we had been this year. like i said before. These guys coming in will give us 100 every single night and that's exactly what we need