Jareth Cutestory

DONE DEAL. MAGIC TRADE GORTAT/VINCE/PEACHES/1ST FOR J-RICH/HEDO/EARL CLARK

I think Ryan Anderson will be the next one dealt. He didn't get any action tonight. Which is a little surprising, considering we were short handed.

Because he's still injured?

Anderson not running full speed: Magic PF Ryan Anderson, who has been out since Nov. 18 with a fractured foot, still can't run at full speed, but he is walking without a limp, according to the Orlando Sentinel. The Magic still have no timetable for his return.

(Updated 12/16/2010)

Next year's draft is going to suck, we don't need any more prospects and it's one less guaranteed contract.

I still think we pushed the Panic button on the Phoenix trade. Seems like we gave up way to much. Surely there must have been a better trade partner since we were offer Gortat, Vince, MP, 1st and cash??

Team did not give up much. . . Wince basically for Jrich, and since Jrich is on a contract year he might actually out produce Wincent. . . Gortat and MP for Hedo and Earl Clark may seem a bit lopsided but that's all you really get from an expiring like Carter. He's old and probably won't try to get another contract after this year. I'm pretty sure the cash was to cover for Carter's $4mil owed next year and the pick to sweeten the deal. Not like the Magic would do much with a very late first rounder on a VERY weak draft.

Team did not give up much. . . Wince basically for Jrich, and since Jrich is on a contract year he might actually out produce Wincent. . . Gortat and MP for Hedo and Earl Clark may seem a bit lopsided but that's all you really get from an expiring like Carter. He's old and probably won't try to get another contract after this year. I'm pretty sure the cash was to cover for Carter's $4mil owed next year and the pick to sweeten the deal. Not like the Magic would do much with a very late first rounder on a VERY weak draft.

Hedo's (and Arena's) is what worries me the most that trade. Could we have gotten Lopez instead of Clark?

I still think we pushed the Panic button on the Phoenix trade. Seems like we gave up way to much. Surely there must have been a better trade partner since we were offer Gortat, Vince, MP, 1st and cash??

5 assets for 1 and took Hedo off their hands. Have to agree. Even if Otiz wanted Hedo back, he didn't have to pay to do them the favor. Pheonix didn't pick up 3rd year option on Clark, so it's hard not to see him as a lose/lose situation. He shows promise, he'll get a payday, and be out, he doesn't, he's just a trade filler.

I don't want to make critical statements based on trade rumors, but if there's any truth to the rumors Otiz wasn't willing to take Okafor or Brand to acquire CP3 or Iggy, but wound up taking Hedo to acquire J-Rich while pawning off a litany of assets, that would be head scratching...

Hedo's (and Arena's) is what worries me the most that trade. Could we have gotten Lopez instead of Clark?

Lopez from PHX would have been a deal breaker for them 100%. I don't think the deal is too bad. Especially because Rich is expiring, so come Feb if he's not producing like we want, he can be dealt for something of need.

I think overall this team just improved MASSIVELY and I cannot wait to see how SVG sets the rotation.

I'm hoping it's like this,

Nelson/Arenas/Richardson/Bass/Dwight. Why Bass over Hedo? I think Hedo should be our backup 3 because he and Anderson will be a Hedo/Lewis type combo and I think that will cause Hedo/Anderson/JJ to flourish against every second unit in the league.

This team is only in need of a mediocre big man. I think it'll be a simple fix and shouldn't ost much. I cannot wait.

5 assets for 1 and took Hedo off their hands. Have to agree. Even if Otiz wanted Hedo back, he didn't have to pay to do them the favor. Pheonix didn't pick up 3rd year option on Clark, so it's hard not to see him as a lose/lose situation. He shows promise, he'll get a payday, and be out, he doesn't, he's just a trade filler.

I don't want to make critical statements based on trade rumors, but if there's any truth to the rumors Otiz wasn't willing to take Okafor or Brand to acquire CP3 or Iggy, but wound up taking Hedo to acquire J-Rich while pawning off a litany of assets, that would be head scratching...

I agree. All in all, it seems as if these trades certainly helps us now, but seems to have killed us long term?

Lopez from PHX would have been a deal breaker for them 100%. I don't think the deal is too bad. Especially because Rich is expiring, so come Feb if he's not producing like we want, he can be dealt for something of need.

I think overall this team just improved MASSIVELY and I cannot wait to see how SVG sets the rotation.

I'm hoping it's like this,

Nelson/Arenas/Richardson/Bass/Dwight. Why Bass over Hedo? I think Hedo should be our backup 3 because he and Anderson will be a Hedo/Lewis type combo and I think that will cause Hedo/Anderson/JJ to flourish against every second unit in the league.

This team is only in need of a mediocre big man. I think it'll be a simple fix and shouldn't ost much. I cannot wait.

Yes, on paper we've improved the roster big time. Just can't understand why we didn't get a big man in return..Even if it would have been Armstrong from the Wizards trade

don't agree with you on the line up thou.

line up will be:

Nelson

J-Rich

Turk

Bass

Dwight

only reason Turk was brought back was to help Dwight and Nelson. No way he plays with the bench.

Arena's will come off the bench and will have the ball in his hands to create and score as much as he can with JJ,Q,RA, and whoever at center