Jareth Cutestory

DONE DEAL. MAGIC TRADE GORTAT/VINCE/PEACHES/1ST FOR J-RICH/HEDO/EARL CLARK

Chris Broussard is crap. I remember him saying LeBron was staying in Cleveland a billion times this summer. He rarely really breaks news, he just reports rumors that mostly never come to fruition.

You keep comparing CP3 to this situation. The CP3 stuff was all from a forum member who has gone MIA. A legit reporter started this all up.

Pat Williams said something big was happening? Ken Berger said we had contacted and had talks.... it all over again... but agree to disagree... can't wait to see how this plays out... well actually I don't wanna see how this plays out because I will probably be upset about whatever happens.

And all the "legit reporter" said was... the talks were increasing... that doesn't mean it is happening. Why would Magic people be talking to BQR and AlexKennedy... they have as many sources as me... none. I could make up fake trades as well as them... Oh, rashard's contract sucks... makes sense for him to be in the trade because we can't have two bad contracts... doesn't take a source for me to say that. And that BQR guy was already backtracking almost immediatly. Then he got someone else to make up crap and he suddenly was ready to say it was a done deal again. If it looks like a rat... smells like a rat... well you know the rest.

Guess I'm holding out hope my team doesn't do something this dumb. Wait for the Melo thing to play out. Ellis is better than arenas... makes no sense.

I'm sure Otis wants Melo too. But getting Melo isn't easy, a lot of teams want him and could offer more than the Magic. Denver doesn't want VC's expiring, because if they want to save money there they could just let Melo expire himself. I'm not huge on the idea, but if Otis thinks Arenas is his best option and wants to do it, I'll give it a shot. No point in getting worked up over it.

I know, but VC and Rashard are both better suited for this team than Arenas IMO. Why would I ever want to roll the dice on Arenas? Just to see if we can do better with him than Rashard or Vince, even though we wouldn't when looking at his numbers. A trade for the sake of a trade is just not the way to go. Go out, convince someone like Melo and his team to negotiate or set up a trade that you know will benefit this team. We want a ring right?

I'm really not sold on any of the trades being rumored right now. I've only watched Arenas once this year, and he didn't look too bad, but it seems like he's as much Agent Zero as Vince is Half Man, Half Amazing. If the Magic can free up some cap room to help bring in talent and retain Dwight in the next few years then I'm all for it, but I really don't see how Gilbert's huge contract is going to do that, and I don't see how giving up Vince and Rashard to get Gilbert (of course other pieces have to be involved) is going to make us any more of a contender than we are now.

Basically, flash back to January; we were sucking just as bad, if not worse and then we got our act together and were the best team in basketball. We were better than Boston, we just had an easy rode to the ECF, they were more tested and were more ready, and by the time we realized what hit us, it was too late.

If a trade goes down I'll live with it and embrace whoever comes, but if Otis just says "I like this team", there's nothing to panic about, I truly believe we'll be just fine.

Peace.

All I know is that I hope VC stays with the Magic. He's more of an asset than people realize. Brandon Bass and Ryan Anderson are too good to be backup to No show Rashard. I like Rashard but I'd rather see Gilbert for Rashard than see VC go.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

I hope this deal doesn't go down. This deal makes us worse, financially and team wise.

Yeah, like Artest to the Lakers or Rodman to the Bulls or... did I mentioned they wear rings on their fingers?

• Upvote 1