Sign in to follow this  
Magician09

Ellis to Orlando?

This is a known Warriors-end proposal with no definite legs as of yet. But here it is:

Monta Ellis and change for Vince Carter.

The Warriors' probable proposal at this time also includes Andris Biedrins and their primary return there would be Marcin Gortat. Additional moving parts may include Chris Duhon, who can be traded in multi-player deals as of Wednesday, Brandan Wright's expiring contract, and the largely irrelevant rights to Fran Vazquez. I'm not sure how that part works. Do those rights ever expire? But most have said he won't play for the Warriors or anyone else off the Eastern seaboard besides the Lakers. Who obviously aren't calling Otis Smith about him. But the Warriors have been enamored of Vazquez since they failed to move Mickael Pietrus in trade and even earlier than that, apparently. Early rumors that the Warriors want big-upside but super raw rookie bigman Daniel Orton may be true but sounds like he's not being made available in return for such a hefty contract acceptance, nor will draft picks change hands.

http://chriscohansucks.blogspot.com/2010/12/juicy-freaking-rumor-ellis-and-biedrins.html

Duhon's out tonight with back spasms.

Probably hurt his back emptying out his locker and packing his suit case, amirite

• Upvote 1

Probably hurt his back emptying out his locker and packing his suit case, amirite

You tried :mellow:

If this trade goes down, I'd be really excited. I'm sure it's all speculation at this point, but I really think it could improve our team. Especially since Ellis wouldn't be playing 40 minutes a night in Orlando, he would be ok for a long run towards the end of the season

On one hand, Ellis' scoring is pretty nasty. On the other hand, he's an undersized chucker who is averse to defense.

Yes...the "he can't D up" argument. This must be stated about every NBA player on a message board.

SVG's system will ensure that Ellis can play D. It is a team effort and not based on the individual.

Ellis has crazy speed, I think he would close out well on shooters.