Sign in to follow this  
OrlandoNKentucky

Age limit for the NBA

Personally, I don't think there should be an age restriction. If a team wants to draft a teenager out of high school, good for them. However, the NBA is privately owned and operated, and they have the right to set any restriction they want. I don't think the NBA benefits at all from an age restriction, but they can do what they please.

Raise it a year. This is a man's game, both mentally and physically. Look at LeBron, mentally he's still a little boy.

Having them go to college has seemed to work so far as weeding out the jackasses.

I think not only is making them go to college helping them shape their game and mature, it most importantly gets these guys to actually learn something outside of basketball so that they're not an injury away from being broke with nothing but a HS diploma.

• Upvote 2

Exactly. Despite what they're told, not every basketball player in America is going to be an NBA All-Star.

They need a minimal education in order to survive in life in case basketball doesnt work out.

I say the NBA needs to go to at least 2 years of college or maybe even 3.

Take a look around the league since they made the rule, none of the young guys are knuckleheads anymore. Brandon Jennings is the closest thing to a headcase and he isn't that bad.

I think that if a guy out of high school doesn't want to go to college, he shouldn't have to. It's lame that there is athletes going to school just to play and there is no interest in actually getting an education. The one and done thing is a waste of time.

I'd like to see more of an NFL type rule. For example, imagine the ramifications for Lebron's career if he had had to develop through a hard course or two where the professor didn't call him "King" and he had to follow instruction and guidance to succeed.