VCplusD12

The Official MMA Thread

Yes, that kid is dangerous. Really young too

He reminds me a little of GSP with legitimate knock-out power.

He reminds me a little of GSP with legitimate knock-out power.

Yeah, they've been training together for a while.

The difference between Rory and GSP is that Rory likes to hurt people, while GSP sometimes backs down because he's too nice.

I'm surprised that no one has commented on the Cain/Dos Santos fight.

I was really impressed with Cain. I didn't think he would be able to take it to Dos Santos that easily. I was impressed with Junior's toughness though.

I was really impressed with Cain. I didn't think he would be able to take it to Dos Santos that easily. I was impressed with Junior's toughness though.

Cain was just relentless and controlled the pace all 5 rounds. JDS was on his heels the entire time.

Cain was just relentless and controlled the pace all 5 rounds. JDS was on his heels the entire time.

He really was. You just don't expect a heavyweight to be able to push that kind of pace for 25 minutes. While we are talking about it, I'm surprised that JDS was able to last 5 rounds because he looked like he was out on his feet at the start of the second round. I would have bet an entire paycheck on him not lasting another 20 minutes at the time.

I rarely comment because I get the impression that people don't care much about MMA in here.

Anyway, it was a god damn beating.

Dos Santos is a very nice guy but in my opinion he was overconfident and he overlooked Cain's stand-up game. JDS tried to defend the takedowns only, left his hands down and ironically it was a punch from Cain that changed the whole fight.

It's fascinating watching the evolution of MMA, particularly in the UFC.

10 years ago, Matt Hughes dominated his division as an elite wrestler who happened to learn how to punch people.

Now guys are coming in who grew up watching UFC, and have been training since they were incredibly young at EVERYTHING. Jiu-jitsu, muay-thai, ground game. It's crazy.

I mean, every sport has the whole "The new generation comes in and is faster and stronger than the previous one" but now it's that, mixed with the increases in strategy and proficiency as well.

Can you even imagine what would have happened if someone like Tim Sylvia or Andrei Arlovski, even in their primes, had tried to fight the Cain Velasquez that showed up Saturday?