VCplusD12

The Official MMA Thread

I always thought the biggest battle in history was Ash versus Mewtwo. If those Pokemon hadn't felt compassion and cried Ash back from his petrified state, the world would be under Mewtwo's grasp for all eternity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzKxBCq6PKE

BROTHA MYYY BROTHA TELL MAY WAHTA WAH FIGTHIN FO, WE GOTTA END THIS WAWH

Condit fought for points, he ran a lot like he was scared of engaging. He has nothing to offer to GSP

Funny that if you watched the Primetime Condit said stuff like: We're going to bang until one of us doesn't move. LMFAO

He'll get what he deserves, a boring UD loss against GSP. Karma's a *****

Condit fought for points, he ran a lot like he was scared of engaging. He has nothing to offer to GSP

I knew you would say that. It's so *****ing absurd.

I knew you would say that. It's so *****ing absurd.

It's not, bro. Condit won the 3rd and 4th rounds pretty clearly, but he didn't engage and you saw him literally running multiple times during the fight.

That wasn't the "Natural Born Killer", he didn't live up to his words. I will be rooting for GSP

http://www.mmafighti...ndit-pros-score

This link contains tweets from fighters about the fight. People who should know more about fighting than me and you

Yeah, and all of them are saying that Diaz won the first round.

That's despite the fact that Condit landed more strikes and a higher percentage of his strikes.

Really, the only round Diaz clearly won is Round 2, and he got absolutely smoked in rounds 3 and 4.

Also: if being a fighter or former fighter automatically means that you're more qualified to judge than anyone else, than we'd have to all stop complaining about Otis Smith, since a former player would obviously be more qualified to judge players than anyone else. But of course, that's asinine, so we don't do that.

I'm not going to argue this. I'm under no allusion that this was even close. I'm sorry, but moving forward, while at the same time being consistently beat to the punch doesn't me squat. This whole philosophy that continuing to push forward means you're dictating anything is absurd. Condit countered him to death, and that actually means something. Condit rounds 1 and 3-5 consistently out struck Diaz, and picked him apart with kicks and combinations.

Nick Diaz is a one dimensional fighter who finally ran into someone with the skill set not to play the game of standing in front of him. Letting your opponent come forward, then stepping off to the side to counter, is not running away. Condit sidestepped the attack all night, and repositioned the fight to the center of the octagon over and over again. And the fact that some fighters thought Diaz won might matter if I actually valued their opinion regardless if it contradicts reality.

While I absolutely agree that Condit did very well in rounds 3 and 4, he didn't "outclass" Diaz in the first two.

Agression and Octagon Control are also part of the criteria.

Condit spent the first 2 rounds throwing leg kicks and flashy spinning back fists that didn't come close to landing while Diaz threw and landed many more head shots and even cut Condit in the eye.

But again, I'm not mad at the decision, it could have very well gone either way.

I'm mad at Carlos Condit because he always claimed to be a fighter who stood toe to toe and he was saying **** like "to the death" and "it's going to be a dog fight". He didn't stand for what he preaches and I hope GSP makes him pay big time. Poetic justice

Part of basic boxing fundamentals is the ability to weave in and out your opponents range, rotate around and change angles. Nick Diaz uses a slugger style so he didn't use any of fundamentals. Slugger's notoriously don't do well against technical strikers without some sort of takedown game.

I thought it was a really fun fight to watch if your interested in striking, although you know Dana has to be pissed