Sign in to follow this  
sharp/7/shooter

The Hurt Locker - Vent Your Frustrations

Alright Magic fans, we all live stressful lives. If you want to vent whatever is on your mind or if something is bothering you, here's the platform to do it.

I'd like to think as Magic fans, we can support each other through a common interest -- Magic basketball.

• Upvote 1

I have two term papers due next week and a final presentation for my college courses. Stressing out is an understatement.

I feel your pain. I remember the days, and now stressed I would be writing papers. Computers really did not come into play until after I got my degree. We only had the Apple Computers that you had to put a disk in, so we had to type papers on old fashioned typewriters. Good luck- I sure your paper will be the best.

:shard:

• Upvote 2

I feel your pain. I remember the days, and now stressed I would be writing papers. Computers really did not come into play until after I got my degree. We only had the Apple Computers that you had to put a disk in, so we had to type papers on old fashioned typewriters. Good luck- I sure your paper will be the best.

:shard:

Thanks! And I can't imagine how daunting it would be to write an essay on a typewriter. It's the same concept, but I get frustrated staring at a blank Word document when I first dive into an essay...staring at a blank sheet of paper inside that machine would be the death of me.

My boss expects me to accomplish something in my first year that no one has ever been able to do.

I need to have 10 kids pass the AP Calculus exam and no one at the school has ever gotten higher than a 1 on it. I'm stressing because this is my first year teaching and I have no idea if I am giving them enough information.

• Upvote 2

My boss expects me to accomplish something in my first year that no one has ever been able to do.

I need to have 10 kids pass the AP Calculus exam and no one at the school has ever gotten higher than a 1 on it. I'm stressing because this is my first year teaching and I have no idea if I am giving them enough information.

standanddeliverbwcrop.jpg

Don't you just play a copy of "Stand and Deliver" from the school library?

Respect for teaching AP Calculus! My sister teaches college math, I'm not sure which specific course though, I'm going to ask her next time I see her. Anyways, I hope your students pass, gotta have faith B)

You are to be admired- first year teacher with such a difficult subject to teach. You must really be a dedicated person with your education and skill set because you could make a much higher salary working in the private industry, but chose to teach instead.

• Upvote 1

Appreciate the support ladies/and gents, I'm going to give it my best shot.

And hardnocks, thanks for the compliment, I don't know where I'd be making more money in the private sector but I do this because I want to coach and I like working with young adults.

Speaking of the school thing, I have a French test next Wednesday. Last one in the class before the final and I'm sitting on an 88. No pressure.