Sign in to follow this  
Chase

Game Thread: Orlando Magic(3-1) @ Charlotte Bobcats(1-4)11/6/10 7pm FSN

I saw no one was signed up to make a game thread for this game, so I just threw something together real quick. Go Magic!

Saturday, November 6, 20107:00 PM ET - Time Warner Cable Arena, Charlotte, NC

The Orlando Magic were embarrassed in their first road game of the season.

A loss in their second game away from home would be even more humbling.

After a pair of home wins, Orlando takes to the road again Saturday night in Charlotte, where it has beaten the struggling Bobcats four straight times.

The Magic (3-1) have won all three of their home games by an average of 28.7 points, but had a much tougher time of it Oct. 29 at Miami. Orlando managed 25 second-half points en route to a 96-70 loss. Rashard Lewis shot 0 for 9, matching the worst performance of his career, and finished with two points.

Orlando had been scheduled to play another road game Tuesday, but that contest at New York was postponed due to an asbestos scare at Madison Square Garden. Returning home, the Magic routed Minnesota 128-86 on Wednesday and beat New Jersey 105-90 on Friday night.

Dwight Howard scored a season-best 30 points, shot 9 of 13 from the floor and collected 16 rebounds against the Nets.

"My expectations are for him to play like that every night," coach Stan Van Gundy said. "I don't take it for granted, but I know it's not easy to do or for him to play like that every night. I know if he puts great energy and focus into the game, those kind of games are possible every night."

The two-time NBA defensive player of the year enjoyed one of the best games of his life in a 107-102 win over the Bobcats on Feb. 17, 2009. Howard had a career-high 45 points with 19 rebounds and eight blocked shots in that contest - one of his 22 double-doubles in 24 games against Charlotte.

While Orlando is limiting opponents to 88.8 points per game, the Bobcats (1-4) are averaging only 90 themselves.

They fell 97-90 at Detroit on Friday despite a season-high 28 points from Stephen Jackson, who shot 12 of 19 but couldn't rally his club from a 16-point halftime deficit.

"Getting down 20 against any team on the road takes too much to come back," Jackson said. "There is no reason for us to come with that kind of effort, ever. We have to be ready to play."

Gerald Wallace, the team's second-leading scorer last season behind Jackson, had 13 points in the loss to the Pistons. The Bobcats may want to get him more involved Saturday.

Charlotte is 8-16 all-time versus the Magic, but has gone 4-1 - 3-0 at home - against them when Wallace scores 20 or more.

Wallace had 36 points the last time the Bobcats defeated Orlando at home, 99-93 on Jan. 16, 2008.

STARTING LINEUPS

CHARLOTTE BOBCATS

act_dj_augustin.jpg

act_stephen_jackson.jpg

act_nazr_mohammed.jpg

act_boris_diaw.jpg

act_gerald_wallace.jpg

and your........................ORLANDO MAGIC

Jameer.Nelson.jpg

act_vince_carter.jpg

act_rashard_lewis.jpg

act_ryan_anderson.jpg

act_dwight_howard.jpg

KILL THE KITTYS

Great!

Finally I can be first

I think this game will not gonna be so easy.

I hope we don´t lose.. but it´s not a big win

93-88 I say.. and we go 4-1

PS. and let´s hope NJ will kill Heat :excl:

Great!

Finally I can be first

I think this game will not gonna be so easy.

I hope we don´t lose.. but it´s not a big win

93-88 I say.. and we go 4-1

PS. and let´s hope NJ will kill Heat :excl:

Bobcats are worse than last year, and we dominated them last year. We win by 10.

Heat game should be interesting. Back to back game with lebron and wade playing big numbers. Hope Lopez puts up a better showing that last night.