Sign in to follow this  
Fabulouskilljoys

Quotes from our team about how loss is good for them

"I'm going to say it was a wake-up call for us," Magic guard Vince Carter said. "It was something we needed. It was something that was mentioned by a couple of us on the bench and in the locker room. The delivered the first blow. We knew we were going to get their best shot early just because of the hoopla and the hype. We've just got to bounce back."

"I think their defense was very good," Magic coach Stan Van Gundy said. "I think that their length and the way that they got into the passing lanes made it tough for us to get good ball movement. Passing's a major problem with our team. It really is."

Probably in some ways in my thinking [it's] a good thing for our team," Van Gundy said. "We've been rolling along. This is certainly better than getting a two-point loss where you feel one or two things went on. I think it'll make very clear the things that we need to work on."

"I think their defense was very good," Magic coach Stan Van Gundy said. "I think that their length and the way that they got into the passing lanes made it tough for us to get good ball movement. Passing's a major problem with our team. It really is."

good passing requires high basketball IQ, unfortunately we don't have a lot of those guys apparently.

Probably in some ways in my thinking [it's] a good thing for our team," Van Gundy said. "We've been rolling along. This is certainly better than getting a two-point loss where you feel one or two things went on. I think it'll make very clear the things that we need to work on."

Like our field goal percentage...

Before the last few minutes of the 2nd quarter, I totally felt like we would win the game. Then it just went way downhill. I got an early reminder of the Boston series last season...

Before the last few minutes of the 2nd quarter, I totally felt like we would win the game. Then it just went way downhill. I got an early reminder of the Boston series last season...

I agree. I did not think Magic would win the game, but I never Magic would get blown out. Some can say it was one game, only but it was a big game. I feel foolish being so optimistic about the Magic, but I really though that Carter had turned the corner, and that the Magic were on the the right track. Now, I do not think we will this year, unless we make major changes in the roster. Dwight needs help in the paint, and we need some one crack good team defense.

We missed a lot of open shots and everybody not named Dwight shot terrible. We live and die by the three and last night we died by it. If we would have made our usual percentage we would have been right in that game, and I have faith we can beat the Heat if our shots are falling.

This team probably needs to stop talking unless they want the world to explode on Lebron's arrogance every time the Heat beat the Magic... lol

Seriously, I was thinking loss since the beggining with the way Rashard, for example, was playing.. how many shots did he get blocked?

Dwight was great except for the missing jump shots.. but that's probably his way of getting used to take them so that's ok at this point.

He still looks so robotic though, 0 smoothness.. even with that 17ft jumper he hit.. but I guess that won't change.

As long as he hits them and improves his FT shooting.....

"I'm going to say it was a wake-up call for us," Magic guard Vince Carter said. "It was something we needed. It was something that was mentioned by a couple of us on the bench and in the locker room. The delivered the first blow. We knew we were going to get their best shot early just because of the hoopla and the hype. We've just got to bounce back."

Anyone else get pissed whenever Carter starts talking?