Sign in to follow this  
Miller4Prez66

The official "Season isn't over after one game" thread

Although you're correct, Boston shows up for big games because they know that those are the teams they are going to have to go through in order to advance in the playoffs.

So getting waxed by Cleveland 2x last season was what, the rope-a-dope???

If I get suspended for this so be it...at least I'll go down telling the truth...Marc, you didn't read LeBrick's response...he was talking about personal attacks.

LeBrick, there is a certain group of people here who are all buddies...they drink beer together and tailgate at the games...I'm sure you can figure out who is in the club...they are allowed much more leverage in what they can say and do here.

Ultimately, winning has spoiled you, Junkie. Back in the days of Brian/Grant Hill, Stacey Augmon, and Steve Francis, days we were lucky to sniff the 8th seed and had the future of our beloved franchise (relocation) questioned on a daily basis, you scourged the internet for any articles that reflected a positive outlook. Nowadays, you cling to any (often obscure) comments that aim to provide reason as to why we CAN'T win a title. It's a complete 180 from where you used to stand, and really, that's where your opinion differs fundamentally from mine and several others.

I relish the fact that we finally have an elite contender, and that we have a newly constructed, state-of-the-art building that represents the dedication this franchise has towards winning a title for the city. I can't possibly get that same kind of vibe from you.

So getting waxed by Cleveland 2x last season was what, the rope-a-dope???

What did it matter? Boston whiped the floor with Cleveland in the playoffs and then kicked our butts right after it.

Yeah, I'm glad SVG is open to experimenting with the line-up, too. I agree that we need more size and physical presence on offense and defense. In terms of targets, yes, I think AI is probably the most realistic, if that.

What did it matter? Boston whiped the floor with Cleveland in the playoffs and then kicked our butts right after it.

Then what's your point? You're the 1 claiming Boston always shows up vs. elite teams to set a playoff precedent. They got swept by Clev last year, got rolled in two games, and it had zero impact on their playoff series.

Then what's your point? You're the 1 claiming Boston always shows up vs. elite teams to set a playoff precedent. They got swept by Clev last year, got rolled in two games, and it had zero impact on their playoff series.

They did not get swept last year by Cleveland, so you're argument makes no sense.

My point is that our players make a habit of disappearing in big games, while theirs make a habit of showing up. That's the big difference between why they went to the finals and why we did not, whether it be the playoffs or the regular season.

Look at the opening game: Rando had double digit assists, and Paul Peirce and Ray Allen scored 19 and 18 to put them away.

We had one player show up yesterday: Dwight. And don't tell me "oh its one game!". I watched last years playoffs to know that we're making a habit of it.

It's easy to kill mediocre teams, but when good teams like Boston or Miami or even LA put pressure on our players, we can't seem to mentally overcome the challenge.

Exactly. We beat Boston 3 out of 4 last year, and most of us thought it would be a somewhat easy ride to the Finals. We all know what happened.

Point? Regular season don't mean sh*t.

They did not get swept last year by Cleveland, so you're argument makes no sense.

My point is that our players make a habit of disappearing in big games, while theirs make a habit of showing up. That's the big difference between why they went to the finals and why we did not, whether it be the playoffs or the regular season.

Look at the opening game: Rando had double digit assists, and Paul Peirce and Ray Allen scored 19 and 18 to put them away.

We had one player show up yesterday: Dwight. And don't tell me "oh its one game!". I watched last years playoffs to know that we're making a habit of it.

It's easy to kill mediocre teams, but when good teams like Boston or Miami or even LA put pressure on our players, we can't seem to mentally overcome the challenge.

I love how you put Miami as an example, seeing as how we have played them ONCE and no one could hit an open shot to save their life.

My bad, they lost 3 of 4, & got rolled twice. Your argument they always show up for elite teams to establish playoff supremacy is much more accurate & clearer to me now.

This it true. But then why do I feel like complete sh*t when I think about the game.. And how right now the entire country thinks we're the clear 3rd best team in the conference and nothing more.

My bad, they lost 3 of 4, & got rolled twice. Your argument they always show up for elite teams to establish playoff supremacy is much more accurate & clearer to me now.

The Boston Cleveland Series was 2-2 during the regular season. Where are you getting your information from? I am also confused about your "rolled twice" comment.

Read my post again: regular season AND playoffs. Who cares if they lose to mediocre teams during the regular season? We were all witnesses of the "turn on" they had in the playoffs.

Exactly. We beat Boston 3 out of 4 last year, and most of us thought it would be a somewhat easy ride to the Finals. We all know what happened.

Ding Ding Ding! But it's not even that. You can't say that Boston didn't show up for those games. Although we beat them 3-1, EVERY GAME was pretty close. It could have easily been the other way around.

This it true. But then why do I feel like complete sh*t when I think about the game.. And how right now the entire country thinks we're the clear 3rd best team in the conference and nothing more.

I can't say I blame them though. We haven't proven we can beat a healthy boston team (in a 7 game series), and we just got destroyed by the heat. Although the heat loss doesnt mean as much as our loss against Boston last year, it still puts questions marks up on the board.

I love my team, but as of now I am pretty convinced that we are the 3rd best team in the East.

The Boston Cleveland Series was 2-2 during the regular season. Where are you getting your information from? I am also confused about your "rolled twice" comment.

Read my post again: regular season AND playoffs.

Ding Ding Ding! But it's not even that. You can't say that Boston didn't show up for those games. Although we beat them 3-1, EVERY GAME was pretty close. It could have easily been the other way around.

So, you are agreeing with me, but you're not?

If we had hit 5 or our threes (that we usually make) during the first 2 and a half quarters, the game would have been close. See what that does? We beat Boston in those games. That's all that matters. If you are going to take stock in the regular season, at least wait until we play Miami 3 or 4 times, not just base it on one game. We got blown out by Miami last year too. Can you honestly say that they were better than us last year? And the Hornets, the Bulls, the Thunder? They blew us out last year. Were they better?