Sign in to follow this  
Shock Phantom

Orlando @ Miami 10/29 7:30 PM on ESPN

Would be cool if someone other than Dwight came to the game today.

And if we simply don't his any shots early, it's gong to be tough to win.

And fouls 4 and 5 on Dwight were absolutely awful. How can you make those calls? For real??

That is all.

PS. Wince Harder already getting the vagisil out against any team that is a top 5 team. And Bass did ball it up today.

pretty pathetic loss...i just don't wanna hear our team complain ever again about being 'disrespected' or 'overlooked'...bc they are doing it to themselves by playing like this. i know it's only game 2...but what a disappointment, no heart at all.

Don't really know what to say. I guess it was just a bad game; although once again very similar to a Heat game that was played last year. Just play Dwight one-on-one and contain penetration.. which they did. I don't know how they do it though, but they did somehow.

Don't really know what to say. I guess it was just a bad game; although once again very similar to a Heat game that was played last year. Just play Dwight one-on-one and contain penetration.. which they did. I don't know how they do it though, but they did somehow.

Nothing like last year... Dwight was actually doubled a lot against those teams and we relied heavily on perimeter play. This year, however, it'll be the exact opposite. We'll have to feed Howard the ball all game and hope our perimeter players don't miss those open shots they missed tonight. Their perimeter D tonight was incredible. . .

I don't mean last year as in teams in general; I mean a specific Miami game. It was the second match-up on the road. Dwight was the only guy that did well and Vince did okay too. Same gameplan as that game. I was thinking since Jermaine O'Neal left, Howard would completely dominate whoever was on him; and he did.. but it still didn't feel like the Magic were in control. The game felt even until the third quarter.

Also, how the heck did they win the rebound battle?

I don't mean last year as in teams in general; I mean a specific Miami game. It was the second match-up on the road. Dwight was the only guy that did well and Vince did okay too. Same gameplan as that game. I was thinking since Jermaine O'Neal left, Howard would completely dominate whoever was on him; and he did.. but it still didn't feel like the Magic were in control. The game felt even until the third quarter.

Yeah, specific Miami. Last year Howard would get doubled nearly every time and never really got in rhythm. We won those two games because of Carter and (mostly) Lewis from the perimeter. This year we'll be needing a lot from Howard offensively and even more from our role players defensively.

When Dwight's the main offensive cog, it mean's he's not in great position to crash the offensive boards, specifically on his jumpers. The rest of our guys are sitting on the perimeter, so it's an easy defensive board if he misses.

Its not that hard to defend penetration if no players are attempting to penetrate

Orlando's 3 pseudo All-Star's (Lewis, VC, & Meer) scored a combined 16 points on 4-25 shooting. Watching the game, I'm actually surprised they scored 16. In a word, embarrassing.

On a positive note, Dwight's offensive game is looking more polished, & I thought Bass stepped up while the game was still competitive. If Bass converted a few more of those opportunities at the rim, he would have had a stellar all around game.

Its not that hard to defend penetration if no players are attempting to penetrate

You really think players spend 48 minutes trying not to penetrate? Because I think Miami's perimeter defense was at least somewhat a factor.

Wasn't our bench supposed to give us the advantage over Miami? Orlando talks so much about depth, but only Howard, Bass, and Anderson showed up to play in Miami. Compared to the Heat's new ensemble, one would think the Magic's returning cast of _talent_ would demonstrate greater synergy and ability. Instead, Orlando gave an embarassing Tin Man performance.