Sign in to follow this  
The Dude Abides

The Official Hire Brian (SHAW!) Back thread

quote:
Originally posted by Knappy:

quote:
Originally posted by The Dude Abides:

Given this recent development of SVG goin out to Sac, and if its not that he is just being a man and apologizing for verbally agreeing to the job, and is now tellin them in person he wont be their coach, I say we go with Brian, hell- he used to be on our payroll.. I say why not...

Lets get Brain Shaw. I cant stand the thaught of having PJ CarlisiBLOW here.

SO heres the best I could find so far about it..

Brain Shaw buzz from LA

Wow, you have totally lost my respect - I would go with anyone over BHill - let Grant Hill coach the team - Grant Hill would be good.

No Brian Hill - their will be a team mutiny and the only option for the Magic will to be to leave town and it would get very ugly.

We still have good players - we need a decent coach, not a complete moron like Brian Hill. Dude, what is wrong with you?

HA HA..knappy... re-read the post..... Afterwards...can I have my respect back?

Brian Shaw... BRIAN SHAW...not Brian Hill... remember him? PG, played 3 seasons with us, assistant in LA under Phil?

You mustve almost stroked out when you saw the thread title and lost some vision, totally missed the post!

Found some more info on Brian SHAW, from the Indy Star given him mad props it seems...

Another interesting tid-bit is that he has been in town for the predraft camp....

Brian Shaw a respected leader in the locker room

Ex-NBA guard, candidate for Pacers' coaching job, is regarded as skilled communicator, mentor

Whether Brian Shaw can win games as an NBA head coach remains to be seen, but this much is certain. He can win respect.

Shaw, a Los Angeles Lakers assistant coach, is a candidate for the Indiana Pacers' head coaching position, having interviewed once with team officials. He also has interviewed with Sacramento, and could interview with others -- or a second time with the Pacers and Kings -- while in Orlando this week for the league's pre-draft camp.

Shaw was a backup guard during most of his 14 seasons in the NBA but established himself as a locker-room leader who earned the trust of teammates and coaches alike.

Los Angeles writers called him a mentor to Kobe Bryant when they were teammates on the Lakers' championship teams of 2000, '01 and '02.

Shaquille O'Neal, in an April interview with a Miami Herald columnist, called him the teammate he most respected.

Most meaningfully of all, Lakers coach Phil Jackson and general manager Mitch Kupchak called him to return to L.A. early in the 2003-04 season, when Shaw was working for the team as a scout and front office assistant, to mediate a brewing dispute between Karl Malone and Gary Payton.

Later, he did the same for the feud between O'Neal and Bryant.

Shaw, 41, brings varied experience from playing with six franchises. Along the way he played with or worked for the likes of Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Robert Parish, Red Auerbach, O'Neal, Bryant and Jackson.

"I've been taking notes," he said in an interview with the Philadelphia Daily News last season.

Shaw appears to fit the mold of recent coaching hires such as Sam Mitchell, Sam Vincent and others who weren't star players but had lengthy careers because of their intelligence and maturity. His coaching experience is limited to assisting Bill Bertka with the Lakers' summer league team.

Bertka, a former Lakers assistant, described Shaw as "an astute, highly intelligent individual who is highly motivated," in an interview with the Ventura County Star.

Shaw, known as "B. Shaw" to his Lakers teammates, has a calm demeanor and has had to learn to be more demonstrative as an assistant to Jackson. He is regarded as a skilled communicator, however, and left a positive impression on most teammates.

One, Mark Madsen, wrote about Shaw in a March 7 blog.

"When we both played for the Lakers, Brian was the one guy on the team who could pick up his cell phone and call every single teammate at any time," wrote Madsen, who now plays for the Minnesota Timberwolves.

"Forget about his basketball I.Q. for a moment (which is off the charts). His ability to communicate with today's athlete is a rare gift and something that would serve him well as a GM or as a head coach in this league.

"There are a lot of teams in this league that would benefit from the skill set that Shaw brings to the table."

quote:

Brian Shaw... BRIAN SHAW...not Brian Hill... remember him? PG, played 3 seasons with us, assistant in LA under Phil?

You mustve almost stroked out when you saw the thread title and lost some vision, totally missed the post!

And tell me why you should care of what he thinks?!?

quote:
Originally posted by NBAMagic47:

quote:

And tell me why you should care of what he thinks?!?

Because its funny he misread the post... You need not worry about that anyway - did it have anything to do with you? I have met the guy out at an event, I.....never mind that.. here I go .. tryin to explain something to someone who I need not explain the matter too...

now onto a more pressing situation.. I like your signature in theory,

But your implementation is Sh!t. You dont always hafta play devils advocate, you dont always hafta be negative ...

Go back and review your posts.. EVERYONE of them is confrontational, negative, belligerent, or just opposing to oppose...

the irony is, you are actually the anti-message of the meaning of your own sig. on a level.

Im not buyin it, and quit usin it as your crutch.

I'm confrontational with those that need confrontation. Lets just leave it at that. Don't let anyone sway your opinions just because they will single you out for what you believe. It sounded like you were begging for his forgiveness because he told you he lost all respect for you, that's all. And if your not buying my sig, that's ok because I'm not trying to sell it to anyone.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Knappy:

quote:

Given this recent development of SVG goin out to Sac, and if its not that he is just being a man and apologizing for verbally agreeing to the job, and is now tellin them in person he wont be their coach, I say we go with Brian, hell- he used to be on our payroll.. I say why not...

Lets get Brain Shaw. I cant stand the thaught of having PJ CarlisiBLOW here.

SO heres the best I could find so far about it..

Brain Shaw buzz from LA

Wow, you have totally lost my respect - I would go with anyone over BHill - let Grant Hill coach the team - Grant Hill would be good.

No Brian Hill - their will be a team mutiny and the only option for the Magic will to be to leave town and it would get very ugly.

We still have good players - we need a decent coach, not a complete moron like Brian Hill. Dude, what is wrong with you?

Not that I'm a fan of Brian Shaw, but like I said - no Brian Hill - just not Brian Hill.

I would be willing to bet Stuff or yours truly Little Penny could have coached the 95 team to the finals and at least win one game.

I'd be willing to bet the only coach in the abysmal eastern conference who would stink it up bad enough to get swept out of the playoffs 4 straight times is none other than BHill.

I'd take Brian Shaw over Brian Hill any day.

But I think by now I'm already sick of Brians and Hills.

I'm already prejudiced. No Brian Show and definitely no to Bob Hill! another BHill! aaaaahhh!