Sign in to follow this  
Passenger57

ESPN: LeBron James shares hateful tweets

He's looking for sympathy but what he's doing is giving the power to the idiots who actually wrote that. Now not only do they know they got to him, but others can touch him from thousands of miles away.

Sticks and Stones Lebron

Of course theres nothing wrong with the word. There everything wrong with the "meaning behind the word". If that word meant something completely different, it wouldn't be so derogative.

Right, and getting rid of it completely wouldn't help fight racism one bit...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

From tonights game: Miami @ Atlanta

Many in the crowd apparently showed up to boo James. He was booed in pregame introductions, the first time he touched the ball and again after his first rebound. There were even louder boos when he re-entered the game after a rest.

I'm wondering if he is going to come out and say that his warm reception in Atlanta was racially charged.

I'm starting to think that this guy just can't help himself...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/news/story?id=5712833

idk... Hard for me to think that someone who was raised outside Cleveland and is a Yankee and Cowboy fan (teams who owned the 90's) really knows what it's like to be a REAL fan... He's a fan of championships only. That's not a real fan.

[i wondered where I said that. Nothing can stop racism. You can educate to slow it down. Its the same as crime.

Words can be effective, but only if you give them power.

I scoff at hate speech. Given the specific circumstance of how any word is used effects how I react to it. If used in jest amongst friends, I don't take such things seriously. And in situations where bigotry is verbalized, my initial thoughts are that the person who used them is an ignorant and or stupid person, thus making his/her statements pathetic, sad and beneath me.

If anything, I often find myself trying to convince that person that being a racist is no way to live and I try to encourage that person to think differently.

It's not hard to imagine why a person uses words to describe a race in a derogatory way, and I think as O-Dub said, we need to educate people about it and in my own words; how to deal with it and understand the difference between hate speech and just being politically incorrect. Frankly, I think avoiding adding racist words to ones vocabulary is a solid practice.

Judging people based on skin color alone is incredibly narrow minded. While it's instinctive for people to be drawn to those who look as they do, ultimately we're no different from one another other.

Intelligence, experiences and specific genetics (i.e. having a body made for athletics) makes an individual, but we're all humans. Except Jareth. From what I've gathered, I believe he is a hipster. :P

Now about Lebron and his most recent story... I just see this as another *****ing ruse to glorify him so as to garner pity for a hated star. Sorry big media, he's still an egotistical *****, and I don't think I'll ever like this guy.

People don't hate you because you're black, dude, people hate you because you're an *******. Evidently you don't know how people get on the interwebs. They go for the lowest because that's what irks people. Get over it or better yet, write a book and title it "They called me N*gger".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dyz0VSXQBA

• Upvote 1

I've actually been to the Cleveland forums a couple of times. I can't imagine how they'd feel but it's incredibly saddening how they completely flip from being biased bastards on that forum. I don't even get banned anymore!

And they actually.... assess other teams logically.

And now when I visit the heat forums, I see the same comments I would have read on the cavs forums for years.

LeBron just makes his fans so overconfident.

I've actually been to the Cleveland forums a couple of times. I can't imagine how they'd feel but it's incredibly saddening how they completely flip from being biased bastards on that forum. I don't even get banned anymore!

And they actually.... assess other teams logically.

And now when I visit the heat forums, I see the same comments I would have read on the cavs forums for years.

LeBron just makes his fans so overconfident.

It's not just LeBron, it's those "player fans". Vince fans are just the same as are Kobe fans