Sign in to follow this  
Passenger57

ESPN: LeBron James shares hateful tweets

OK, aside from the racist tweet mentioned in the article, this is nothing different than any other celebrity gets on a daily basis. So I guess now we're supposed to feel sorry for him. You burned up all your sympathy with "The Decision". Seriously Le*****, grow a pair.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/news/story?id=5707475

Isn't Lebron suppose to ignore things like this like Dwight does? People on the internet who say these things obviously want attention and wouldn't say such a thing in public because of what would really happen to them. Espn would feel sorry for him of course.

LeBron James is the first black athlete to have the word thrown at him...

or perhaps he's just an awful person who messed up and is looking for sympathy...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Yes he makes a lot of money and is an complete tool. That doesn't mean ignorant racists have the right to call a "". If he wants to expose that type of disgusting behavior on his twitter account than he has that right. There is a difference between berating him for the "decision" and his narsisism and belittling for his race. Anyone who says another human being has that right is more of a tool than Lebron and anyone who does it is a disgusting hate filled human being.

• Upvote 1

LeBron James is the first black athlete to have the word thrown at him...

or perhaps he's just an awful person who messed up and is looking for sympathy...

Well does he deserve it?

• Downvote 3

Yes he makes a lot of money and is an complete tool. That doesn't mean ignorant racists have the right to call a "". If he wants to expose that type of disgusting behavior on his twitter account than he has that right. There is a difference between berating him for the "decision" and his narsisism and belittling for his race. Anyone who says another human being has that right is more of a tool than Lebron and anyone who does it is a disgusting hate filled human being.

Yeah but he's only doing it to get attention. I'm 100% sure he would've gotten those comments if he was still in Cleveland (pretty sure he didn't have a twitter then) just like I'm sure hundreds of other athletes hear it at least every once in awhile. It's the internet, people of every race/face/taste will get hateful comments.

Isn't it a bit funny that LeBron's only really putting this all out there when his popularity is at an all-time low? He's just looking for sympathy, nothing more. And it's funny that he keeps bringing up it's a "race thing" when he plays in a league where the majority of players are black. Why aren't the other top players (Durant, Kobe, Howard) being "hated on" for being black as well??

Sure, it's ****ty to use race to belittle someone, but it's even worse to pretend you're a victim of racist when in fact most of these people only really hate James for what he did during this off-season, not so much because he's black. . .

Chances are most of these people sending him these messages are young and immature, using words like "" in the same way a lot of us used to call others "gay" in middle school, not because the other kid was a homosexual and because we hated homosexuals, but just as a way to insult.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Well does he deserve it?

Being called names? That's hardly a punishment... talk to me when it's an actual hate crime instead of a bunch of kids typing out insults on the internet.

People don't care that your black, people use it to get under his skin and it works by the way. He starts crying about what people say about him, shows the nation, and expects sympathy? For what? He deserted a town just for a ring. one thing I learn about sports is without the fans, it wouldn't be what it is today, worldwide entertainment. He did not give a f*** about his fans, he was thinking about himself when he made his choice. The funny thing is that he hates being hated but he's acting oblivious, he knows why people are coming hard on him. Prince james would have never surpassed King jordan. I highly doubt james will get a 5 minute standing ovation, in a away game when he plays his last game.

Go Magic!!!!

• Downvote 1

Well does he deserve it?

No one deserves to have the n-word thrown at them, and those that throw it are the real ignorant ones. Lebron is a complete douche, but not even he deserves that.

And for future reference, someone asked if there's any situation in which it's acceptable for white people to use the n-word, and the answer is NO. Really I don't think anyone of any color should use it. Again, those that do only prove their own ignorance. All the words in the English language, and that's the best they could come up with?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

No one deserves to have the n-word thrown at them, and those that throw it are the real ignorant ones. Lebron is a complete douche, but not even he deserves that.

And for future reference, someone asked if there's any situation in which it's acceptable for white people to use the n-word, and the answer is NO. Really I don't think anyone of any color should use it. Again, those that do only prove their own ignorance. All the words in the English language, and that's the best they could come up with?

I agree. This is and a few other words should never be said by anyone. If it was possible, this word would be wiped from the memory of everyone. You get no respect from me if you say it.