Sign in to follow this  
~O~

As summer winds down, LeBron and Durant worlds apart

Posted Sep 15 2010 10:28AM

One guy got the high-powered, high-profile teammates that he wanted.

The other got the respect that he earned.

One guy finally opened a Twitter account and, of course, picked KingJames as his handle.

The other never did anything to call attention or separate himself from the rest of the loyal subjects who made up Team USA, except when it came time to win games.

Will it really always be this easy to tell them apart going forward? One with a scowl and a chip on his shoulder and the other wearing a smile and wings on his feet?

It coulda/shoulda been you, LeBron. Wrapped in the flag rather than a blanket of self-indulgence. Playing for the 50 stars on the blue field instead of the three stars on South Beach.

Not a rick roll link

• Upvote 1

I think D12 would have done a lot to elevate his rep had he been the lone returnee from the Olympic team, then again I would have been the first one saying I hate players exposing themselves to unnecessary wear and tear, & coach K prob would have run him into the ground given the lack of bigs on that roster.

LeBron is alot of things but I dont agree with the self indulgent, all about me type of comments about him. He signed for half the money he could have made anywhere else. I think everyone, including myself is a little upset he broke the trend of the NBA rulebook that you must sign to wherever pays you the most money and signed for less money to a better team.

p.s.

Give Durant a few years, hes still a humble kid...like most of the rest of the NBA superstars to come from poverty and went directly into millions of dollars, he feels blessed. That feeling lasts a few years. Its only a matter of time before he thinks hes better than the rest of the world. Then we'll compare Durant to some other young kid that is nice and humble.

LeBron is alot of things but I dont agree with the self indulgent, all about me type of comments about him. He signed for half the money he could have made anywhere else. I think everyone, including myself is a little upset he broke the trend of the NBA rulebook that you must sign to wherever pays you the most money and signed for less money to a better team.

LOL to the people that think he signed for less money...

He signed with the heat because he will make the same money anywhere else due to not paying state taxes... Lebron is no idiot he had people come up with the figures to prove that he still being payed the same as max contract....

p.s.

Give Durant a few years, hes still a humble kid...like most of the rest of the NBA superstars to come from poverty and went directly into millions of dollars, he feels blessed. That feeling lasts a few years. Its only a matter of time before he thinks hes better than the rest of the world. Then we'll compare Durant to some other young kid that is nice and humble.

Its a good theory he might adopt lebron attitude but he wont fake a injury in the playoffs, or quit in the playoffs, or set up a 1 hour tv special to tell the world where hes going to play in 5 or 6 years after his contract is over like lebron did, they are totally different players. And every superstar has a ego, am i right?

I hate James with a compassion. Durant has more class than James will ever have, and Durant might actually win a title or two because he is not a quitter like James.

I don't mind that the players from the Olympic team passed on playing in the Worlds, I think it's a good thing that they build a program with many different players so they aren't relying on the same guys all the time.

As far as Durant vs Lebron goes (and I could be wrong on this) it looks like Durant loves playing the game, Lebron loves the attention he gets from playing the game more than the game.