Sign in to follow this  
My 6th Rebuild

Orlando Rays?

If the rays moved to Orlando, would you support them?

I don't go to games there because its too far. Just wondering since the Rays cannot sell out their stadium unless they are playing the Yankees or Red Sox.

100% yes I would buy season tickets.....and would talk trash to all the red sox and yankee fans in the stands (about 65% of the total seats) move them now. While we are at it move the Jags down here and change the name and uniform and looks like I would be a season ticket holder for three sports teams.... god my checking acount would hate me.

100% yes I would buy season tickets.....and would talk trash to all the red sox and yankee fans in the stands (about 65% of the total seats) move them now. While we are at it move the Jags down here and change the name and uniform and looks like I would be a season ticket holder for three sports teams.... god my checking acount would hate me.

I'd would, but prolly only when they're playing the Yankees.

i'm not a fan of baseball.

Logically, it would make more sense to move the team toward the center of the state. You want your product to be available to the most consumers possible. You need to consider potential fan base as a circular radius measured out to a reasonable expected driving distance (lets just say 90 minutes). When travel is one of the main issues it doesn't make sense to have your team next to a coastline (nobody is going to be going to the games from 90 minutes out into the gulf of mexico).

Since Orlando is a metropolitan area that can (somewhat) produce a fanbase, you could still get fans from the greater tampa area, and take some fans from the ocala/gainesville area as well as possibly melbourne up to ormond beach on the east coast, it would make sense to move the team farther to the center of the state.

At the very least, they should consider moving the team to Lakeland to better draw from the Orlando Market.

I bet if Disney bought the team, built a new stadium on their property, and sold packages for hotel parks and games they could draw some crowds. Also I'm pretty sure locals would be more willing to make the trip to Disney rather than crapicana. If Orlando was to get another sports team it would have to be baseball because it would be hard to support multiple sports that run during the same time (NFL & NHL)