Sign in to follow this  
Osprey

Any word on VC?

I've heard this before. He's also "as determined as ever to win a ring for his hometown Magic." No rip on you Dan, but I think we all fell for this same hoopla last year

I'm not saying that I know it will translate into on-the-court success, but I do know that he's working out extremely hard this summer. Which at this point in the year is all you can ask for.

I'm not saying that I know it will translate into on-the-court success, but I do know that he's working out extremely hard this summer. Which at this point in the year is all you can ask for.

thanks dan for the info. some people are gonna hate him regardless. one thing for sure is that we cant say, that he quit at any time last year. he was a leader on the court despite his struggles at times. he is just one of those people that some people love to hate. its hard to come in and people anoint you as the savior. this guy played his butt off, despite injuries, and a new role of fitting in, instead of taking over. all the haters act like we were so close in the finals against la. it wasnt close at all. the magic were a better team this year, but boston was too. if people are orlando fans, then they should inspire everyone that is in a magic jersey, regardless of their personal feelings.

• Downvote 9

"...played his butt off"? What a bunch of garbage. VC sucked monkey butt last season, and disappeared when he was needed the most...like he ALWAYS does. My "hate" for VC is well placed.

• Upvote 2

I agree and I do appreciate your update. I reallyreally hope this is all true so he can actually step into the role we all expected him to fill. If he is in fact wokring hard, then I'm very happy and commend him for it. If not, his standing with Magic fans currently will only get worse

I don't even hate the guy, and I don't think of awful things every time his name comes up, and I don't look for reasons to bash on him (unless it's to piss off vcdacarter, then I do it abundantly), but it's pretty damn sad that my last memory of him playing for the Orlando Magic last year was when game 6 was nearing its end, and he kept passing up shots after shots, and finally got shot by someone in the stands, and walked out of the court with his final wince of the season. Seriously, it was almost like throwing dirt in the wound. Has a crappy series all around, and doesn't leave the court when the buzzer sounds, but winces his way to the bench before the whole thing is over.

First thing I think about when I remember the Finals:

jameer-nelson-and-dwight-howard-sit-on-the-bench-after-the-final-moments-of-game-five.jpg?w=462&h=307

Go to a year later and the loss at the ECF:

winceagain.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThUKBrkWkIc&start=565

"...played his butt off"? What a bunch of garbage. VC sucked monkey butt last season, and disappeared when he was needed the most...like he ALWAYS does. My "hate" for VC is well placed.

its guess thats why we all have opinions. you take any player that is used to running the show and make him just a piece to the puzzle and see how it works out at first. we all know about the january stuff, but after that we saw the all star. most people only remember the bad.

• Downvote 3

He didn't suck, he just was average. Don't get me wrong, he performed below our expectations, but we set the bar pretty damn high for him. We needed a leader and a scorer and the organization thought Vince was the answer. Now that we know he is not, or at least for the time being, Howard and Jameer, along with the rest of the squad need to step their game up this season.

And I'm not trying to be a jackass, but how is your "hate" well placed?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

He didn't suck, he just was average. Don't get me wrong, he performed below our expectations, but we set the bar pretty damn high for him. We needed a leader and a scorer and the organization thought Vince was the answer. Now that we know he is not, or at least for the time being, Howard and Jameer, along with the rest of the squad need to step their game up this season.

And I'm not trying to be a jackass, but how is your "hate" well placed?

I'm sorry, but that was NOT average. That was incredibly below average. Awful defensively and below average offensively is right into suck territory.

I'm sorry, but that was NOT average. That was incredibly below average. Awful defensively and below average offensively is right into suck territory.

We talking about playoffs or regular season?

Or practice? :shard:

We talking about playoffs or regular season?

Or practice? :shard:

playoffs, he was decent in the regular season

You got me, it was below average...but still, with it being the first year in Van Gundy's system and with three all stars already on the team, his numbers were kind of set out to drop. We expected a big deal out of VC last season, and he didn't play up to par. I really think he's going to have a comeback season this year, I can sense it :mellow:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1