Sign in to follow this  
Chase

Amways Grand Opening

But today i went in the nba visitor locker room and its nothing special.

That is by design.

I just love how much blue and black is in there. Our true colors. Red seats always bothered me a bit.

56464325.jpg

Is it just me or does the parking garage look like its not finished?

Was that the design, to make it look half assed? The futuristic steel shell only covers about 75% of the concrete.

Anybody here that went to AC today or yesterday? Got some pics you'd like to share with us? Give us your impression of the Amway Center!

This place blew me away today. I cant afford season tix right now but I am for sure going to as many games as I can, even Preds games. This arena is so crisp and clean and state of the art, I got chills walking through it this afternoon.

13853.jpg

13849.jpg

View from the back row:

13844.jpg

The center scoreboard is AMAZING. Watching live video on it is just as good as my 50" Samsung in 1080p at home.

Walking through the concourses felt like they went on forever, but the nice thing about the concourses were that each section of the arena had its own cluster of bars/stores/snack stands/bathrooms. So It might take awhile to get from your car to your seat but once your there everything you need is very close.

The upper bowl is VERY steep and it might be a tad bit further away than in the old arena but the sight line is better because you are more on top of the action.

The place is huge, cavernous, and very detailed.

I am studying architecture and my personal opinion of the design is that it isn't stunningly beautiful in and out, but very well laid out uses every nook and cranny to pack in butt loads of amenities. I mean every where you look there is something to do or see or buy. And from a basketball viewing perspective I think they pulled off something amazing here, because this arena is big but every section had a great view, better than the Orena, which doesn't really make sense. And one of my favorite features....CUP HOLDERS!!!

I was looking at some pics at OS when I noticed a car in the bowl... I was like... what the?... Are we getting so lazy that we are able to drive INTO the Center to watch the games? But most likely it's a showcar... but there?

But then I realized... Cars, the Pixar movie... it was eeeeeerily realistic! So maybe they are real?! And they like BASKETBALL?! OMG!

Oh and btw... I love our new home. Lots of black and blue. And that scoreboard is just monsterous... I think I'm gonna feel very small when I see it. And I'm not.

Are the floors sticky? I bet they aren't. I love the non red seats!!! I also love how the lcd boards light up the arena. Is the seating perfect for a 6"2 frame like myself because i remember how incredibly cramped I felt in the Amway.