Sign in to follow this  
Passenger57

Dwight Howard to Star in Film "Amazing"

You missed where his ft average actually dropped last year from the year before.

Are you really going to complain about a difference of 0.2%? That's roughly one additional missed free throw, literally every 30 games.

I am glad he got the ball more last year, but needs to work hard on his shot selection. Just getting an occasional hook shot to fall is not good. His primary shot is the dunk and Boston shut him down in that area. If he had a shot that would fall slightly away from the basket it would change big time the way he is guarded.

Yes. He should stop dunking, the most efficient shot in basketball, because it... well you didn't really give a reason he should stop doing it.

Reality: Efficiency is king in basketball. Always has been. Additional variety in Dwight's offensive game would be nice, but only in so much as he can add it without sacrificing efficiency. Variety that sacrifices efficiency is net-neutral at best and counter-productive at worst.

Look there is no question Dwight is going to improve every year, but there is one thing that he really lacks, mental focus, and that's the bad thing I take out of him making these movies. I know you guys are so emotionally attached to Dwight and don't want to hear a single bad thing said about him but it's the truth. He has so much more potential to dominate if he would just wipe that smile off and stop giggling like a school girl on the bench and play with the I want to kill you mentality like Boston does for example. As much as I hate Boston, I admire how they all play, every single one of them has that I want to kill you mentality and when they step on the court it's 100% serious and that's why they were so dominate, they out hustled us on every single play. There is no way they should have won the series, but they had that will to win and wanted it way more than we did and I think the problem starts with Dwight. This is why the annalists all said the Magic wouldn't win last season and were all questioning Dwight's mental game and I was the first one to laugh at all these people but it's the truth, the Dwight's I'm just having fun approach will not work come crunch time in the playoffs.

He has so much more potential to dominate if he would just wipe that smile off and stop giggling like a school girl on the bench and play with the I want to kill you mentality like Boston does for example.

The bolded section of this post tells me that you were born no earlier than 1988, because you clearly only have a cursory knowledge of one of the greatest players in the history of the game who, if matched against Dwight in a smiling competition, would trounce Dwight so badly people would wonder if Dwight needs a new Zoloft prescription.

Edit: Italicized instead, because apparently bolding doesn't show up right?

It's a well known fact that snarling makes me more affective at my job. I glare people down all day long.

Look there is no question Dwight is going to improve every year, but there is one thing that he really lacks, mental focus, and that's the bad thing I take out of him making these movies. I know you guys are so emotionally attached to Dwight and don't want to hear a single bad thing said about him but it's the truth. He has so much more potential to dominate if he would just wipe that smile off and stop giggling like a school girl on the bench and play with the I want to kill you mentality like Boston does for example. As much as I hate Boston, I admire how they all play, every single one of them has that I want to kill you mentality and when they step on the court it's 100% serious and that's why they were so dominate, they out hustled us on every single play. There is no way they should have won the series, but they had that will to win and wanted it way more than we did and I think the problem starts with Dwight. This is why the annalists all said the Magic wouldn't win last season and were all questioning Dwight's mental game and I was the first one to laugh at all these people but it's the truth, the Dwight's I'm just having fun approach will not work come crunch time in the playoffs.

Alright, let's clarify some things.

You believe that the guy that led the team in scoring against Boston, posting 3 games where he scored over 28 points, is the main reason the Magic lost? Because Mark Jackson said so?

You also believe that Howard's "mental collapses" could be fixed by him not making movies and working out every single day of his life?

Contrary to popular belief and ultimate cliche, you don't have to look like Michael Jordan (wanting to kill everyone) in order to win championships. Howard shouldn't change his personality because arguably the worst NBA commentator in Mark Jackson said he should. That would just make him a phony. If you didn't see the look in Howard's eyes and how focused he was during that series, you might as well just stop commenting on things and get your eyes checked. Oh yeah, and stop listening to Mark Jackson (seriously, that guy is a fool).

• Upvote 2

Alright, let's clarify some things.

You believe that the guy that led the team in scoring against Boston, posting 3 games where he scored over 28 points, is the main reason the Magic lost? Because Mark Jackson said so?

You also believe that Howard's "mental collapses" could be fixed by him not making movies and working out every single day of his life?

Contrary to popular belief and ultimate cliche, you don't have to look like Michael Jordan (wanting to kill everyone) in order to win championships. Howard shouldn't change his personality because arguably the worst NBA commentator in Mark Jackson said he should. That would just make him a phony. If you didn't see the look in Howard's eyes and how focused he was during that series, you might as well just stop commenting on things and get your eyes checked. Oh yeah, and stop listening to Mark Jackson (seriously, that guy is a fool).

It's cool, think what you want, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I'm just saying the team as a whole would be a lot better if Dwight would stop giggling, I think it rubs off on the others. Just re watch the first three games of the Boston series, it looked like they were being forced against there will to play.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's cool, think what you want, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I'm just saying the team as a whole would be a lot better if Dwight would stop giggling, I think it rubs off on the others. Just re watch the first three games of the Boston series, it looked like they were being forced against there will to play.

I just re-watched the second game and saw this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6oIReGzN6c&feature=player_embedded

You can't blame Howard for Lewis being sick, Nelson not being aggressive on the pick and roll consistently, Carter, Barnes, and Pietrus for sucking, and our backup PFs to be nonexistent.

It's so true. If my star player doesn't snarl at his opponents and beat his chest while screaming obscenities at least once a quarter then I don't believe he really wants to win. It's the only way to measure championship desire.

I'm too lazy to read this thread, so I'll just ask: how many times has someone said Dwight should be in the gym, and that he should be more serious?

I'm too lazy to read this thread, so I'll just ask: how many times has someone said Dwight should be in the gym, and that he should be more serious?

How about you get off your lazy arse (or in this case, get on your lazy arse) and read the faux outrage for yourself?