Sign in to follow this  
Drew Scheeler

Eminem is just like Weezer

They are so similar because check it:

Eminem's first album - Slim Shady LP

Weezer's first album - Blue Album

These two debut albums were each hugely successful and put each artist on the map. They had huge hits like "My Name Is" and "Buddy Holly".

Eminem's second album - Marshall Mathers LP

Weezer's second album - Pinkerton

These two albums are looked at by the majority of fans to be each artist's best album. Though some fans prefer the debuts instead of these sophomore albums.

Eminem's third album - The Eminem Show

Weezer's third album - Green Album

Now these records, they're solid albums, they had big hits, but most people agree that the first two albums from each artist are better.

Eminem's fourth album - Encore

Weezer's fourth album - Maladroit

Ok, now the fans are upset and disappointed, because these records are definitely not as good as the records prior.

And after that, each artist put out a few records that some people hated, some people liked. And now, each artist kinda sucks.

That's my take on it anyway, just something I thought about and noticed a lot of similarities between the two bands. Both bands I like by the way.

This can be said about so many bands, you're better off saying "Eminem and Weezer are just like every other band out there"

They are so similar because check it:

Eminem's first album - Slim Shady LP

Weezer's first album - Blue Album

These two debut albums were each hugely successful and put each artist on the map. They had huge hits like "My Name Is" and "Buddy Holly".

Eminem's second album - Marshall Mathers LP

Weezer's second album - Pinkerton

These two albums are looked at by the majority of fans to be each artist's best album. Though some fans prefer the debuts instead of these sophomore albums.

Eminem's third album - The Eminem Show

Weezer's third album - Green Album

Now these records, they're solid albums, they had big hits, but most people agree that the first two albums from each artist are better.

Eminem's fourth album - Encore

Weezer's fourth album - Maladroit

Ok, now the fans are upset and disappointed, because these records are definitely not as good as the records prior.

And after that, each artist put out a few records that some people hated, some people liked. And now, each artist kinda sucks.

That's my take on it anyway, just something I thought about and noticed a lot of similarities between the two bands. Both bands I like by the way.

in 2000 i flew to boston to see weezer before they official returned and now i wouldn't get out of bed to see them

IMO i think weezer's decline has a lot to do with the departure of matt sharp who's solo stuff is way better than anything weezer has put out in the last 10 years

i think both weezer and eminem were considered early on to be novelty acts so they share that but im not a fan of eminem to know how similar their careers have been

• Upvote 1

in 2000 i flew to boston to see weezer before they official returned and now i wouldn't get out of bed to see them

IMO i think weezer's decline has a lot to do with the departure of matt sharp who's solo stuff is way better than anything weezer has put out in the last 10 years

i think both weezer and eminem were considered early on to be novelty acts so they share that but im not a fan of eminem to know how similar their careers have been

Yeah I hear you on Matt Sharp. Never really got into The Rentals that much, though they have some good songs. But it's all about Blue and Pinkerton.

Also love the Mr. Show reference as your location. I got the entire set on DVD haha.